35

Not Just Any Replacement

 

 

Narrator’s POV
 

Jaehee stopped walking and took out a bottle of water. She took a deep breathe and drank its contents.

“You’re tired? Let’s go back down.” Changmin said. Jahee placed the bottle back in her bag,

“I’m okay, let’s go, it’s been a while since I last did this.” She smiled as she attempted to place her left foot on a stone, then she slipped.

“Hee!” Changmin stretched his arms out and just in time he caught her. Jaehee’s eyes widened when she realized how close their faces were.

“Are you okay?” Changmin asked her. Jaehee nodded without a word and Changmin let go of her waist.

“We should go down now, it’s getting dark.” Changmin smiled and turned his back to her.

Jaehee exhaled big time. She shook her head and followed him.

 

Soomin chuckled as she reached the last step with a small jump.

“No fair, you exercise everyday.” Tao said as he stood behind her. Soomin rolled her eyes and looked at Yunho.

“Where are they?” She asked. Yunho looked around.

“It seems they’re a little late, we can wait in the car.” He said. Soomin nodded with a smile.

“I think I’m a genius.” She laughed.

“Whatever, jie. Let’s just get in the car.” Tao said as he got in the vehicle. Soomin smiled and looked at Yunho.

“Oppa, can we get some water? I’m thirsty.” She said.

 

Changmin and Jaehee found Tao inside the car alone.

“Where’s Soo?” Changmin asked.

“They went to the mini mart, hyung came with her.”

“Where~”

“I’ll go to them, you two wait here.” Jaehee said as she placed her bag on the seat.

“Hee, if they recognize you~”

“It’s fine, we’ll be back.”

 

As soon as she was meters away from the car, Jaehee shook her head. She didn’t like the fact that she was reacting weirdly towards Changmin. She needed to get away from him, even for just a short time. She puffed her cheeks as she saw the small mart.

Jaehee crossed the street and went inside the store. She began to look around for the two.

She stopped when she saw Yunho and Soomin talking. Then her eyes brightened.

“That look….” She whispered with a smile.

Soomin was talking to Yunho about a particular product on a shelf; Yunho was nodding at her with a smile on his lips. But his eyes were telling a different story. It was a miracle Soomin didn’t melt yet. The way his eyes were directed to her, it was different. Good different.

Then Soomin finally patted his shoulder and began walking. Jaehee stepped away from her place.

“He likes her.” She chuckled to herself and decided to go back to the car.

 

“Oppa, do you think this is enough?” Soomin asked about the items they bought for dinner.

“It is, for dinner toninght and for breakfast tomorrow.” Yunho nodded as he lifted the bags.

“Thanks for accompanying me oppa, it was fun.” Soomin smiled as they crossed the street.

“It was nothing. At least I learned some things from you. Counting calories and stuff.”

Soomin smiled wrapped one arm around his.

Yunho tensed and looked away.

“I wonder how those two are doing?” She chuckled.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++