48

Not Just Any Replacement

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“You looked great on stage, Hee.” Changmin said. Jaehee looked up from her drink.

“You…weren’t even there.”

“I was.” Changmin nodded and looked at the group of people who were dancing in the middle of the club.

“I must have hurt…you, a lot.” Jaehee said.

“I deserve it.”

Jaehee blinked at him.

“It’s about that issue with Minyoung, huh?”

“Min, it wasn’t~”

“Yes we did kiss, Hee. But she was the one who pulled my face to hers, I only had you. And it still is you, up to now.”

Jaehee felt tears line her eyes.

“No, it’s not that~”

“I’m….just disappointed that you didn’t believe in me.” He said as he picked up his drink. Jaehee sighed.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered.

“Don’t be. But, you didn’t really have to leave.”

Jaehee shook her head and gently wrapped her arms around his neck.

“After what I’ve put you through, Yoochun, the scandals and my hurtful words, I’m really sorry.”

Jaehee felt tears hit her cheeks.

“I….love you too, Min. It just took some time before I realized it.”

 

Soomin looked at the sliced fruit in front of her. She was nibbling on some small slice of cake.

It was clear she was a little bothered.

“Ya, why are you so silent?” Yunho nudged her. She slowly smiled.

She shook her head.

“Don’t you think it has been too quiet? About Yoochun, I mean.” She said, trying to divert herself.

Yunho smiled.

“You want it to be messy again?”

Soomin looked away from him. She didn’t know why, but she felt nervous around him.

“It’s not that oppa.” She muttered.

“Then what?”

“It’s strangely quiet.” She nodded to herself. Yunho smiled and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. Soomin flinched a little.

“But I like it this way.” Yunho said to her.

 

Changmin pulled over the curb of their marital home. Jaehee smiled at him.

“Do…you have something to do tomorrow?” Changmin asked as they walked in the house.

“I’m free tomorrow, I’m on a break remember?” Jaehee chuckled as she took off her shoes and walked to the kitchen.

“Water?” Changmin asked as he reached for a glass.

“About….Yoochun….Minhae.” Jaehee looked at him, Changmin shook his head and gently placed his arms around her waist.

“I’m not mad at you, stop saying that. I’m thankful even, that you came to me.” He said. Jaehee smiled and looked at his eyes.

“I love you, Shim Jaehee.” He whispered before planting his lips on hers.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++