49

Not Just Any Replacement

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin sat up from her bed and headed down for breakfast. She blinked as she noticed that there was only one tray of food, for her.

“Oppa?” She blinked.

“The young master has asked for his things to be transferred at his residence, young miss.”

“Ah.” She nodded, then her eyes widened.

“Really, butler Jang?” She smiled. The butler nodded at her.

“Daebak.” She chuckled.

 

“Oh, hey.” Soomin muttered to her headpiece as she went down from the stairs of their front door. Her orange Birkin bag was hanging on her hand as she walked towards her black Audi.

“I’m leaving in a few, come by, okay?”

Soomin chuckled.

“I will try to visit you, Wuwu, don’t worry and don’t miss me too much, okay?”

“As if, anyway, good luck with work.”

Soomin chuckled and she got in the car.

 

“We’re going to an amusement park.” Jaehee said dryly as Changmin parked the car. He just smiled at her as he went out of the car. Jaehee followed him.

“I brought this.” Changmin took out a pair of sunglasses.

“No need, I’m fine.” Jaehee smiled and wrapped one arm around his.

“But, if people recognize~”

“It’s fine, I’m with my husband.” She beamed at him.

Changmin smiled, it was his first time to hear her say the word husband out loud.

 

Soomin rubbed her temples as she sat on her desk. She had to attend three meeting straight without any breaks.

Why?

Because the Chairman, namely Shim Changmin, couldn’t be contacted.

Soomin glanced at the clock on the wall. It was already 2:30 in the afternoon and she has not yet eaten her lunch.

“I’m hungry that I can eat a whole horse.” She muttered as she stood up and grabbed her bag.

 

 

Yunho was having a casual meeting with some of the investors of his company inside an Italian restaurant. He loosened his tie as he sipped on his coffee.

They were discussing some of the contract’s new terms.

Then he saw someone enter. A small smile formed on his lips.

 

Jaehee’s POV

 

“About before…..I shoud have explained everything to you, Hee. I’m sorry.”

I smiled before picking up a piece of fry.

“Can we stop talking about the past? It makes me feel….ancient.”

Changmin smiled. Wait, that smile…..why does it seems so…similar to someone else’s?

“Soomin doesn’t know.” He said.

“That we got back together?”

“No, she doesn’t know who you really are. She doesn’t know our past.” He looked down.

“I hate lying to her, Hee.”

“I understand, but….why did you not tell her in the first place?”

Changmin looked up I reached for his hand. I felt his thumb tracing lines on my palm.

“Because, when you left me, I…..broke down. Soo was there, she’s blaming you.”

“…Min, what do~”

“When you left me after graduation, it hurt me a lot. I stopped talking to people, I stopped being myself and little did I know…I hurt her too.”

I bit my lip.

“Soomin…once said that whoever that girl was, she still hates her.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++