54

Not Just Any Replacement

 

 

Narrator’s POV

 

 

Soomin went out of the building and headed for her car, but then someone had pulled her back.

“Soomin~”

“Let go.” She said as she tugged on her arm. Yunho didn’t budge.

“About Jaehee~”

“All this time you knew, oppa. And to think I trusted you.” She shook her head bitterly.

“You were one of those people that I genuinely felt that I could rely on, then..this.” She twisted out of his grip.

“Soo, I’m sorry~”

Soomin jogged to her car without turning back.

 

 

“What?”

“Wu? It’s me.”

“So?”

“Can you pick me up tomorrow?”

“Where?”

“Seoul, you idiot. At the airport of course.” Soomin said as she slipped inside the Shim residence.

“Really? Why?”

“I need…a break. Just pick me up, okay? I know you have a spare room in your loft~”

“What about your flat?”

“I sold it before leaving for Seoul, anyway, you know I love you right?”

Kris chuckled.

“I’ll have the room cleaned. See you soon, Mimin.”

 

“What? How did she find out?” Jaejoong looked at his cousin in surprise. They were talking inside the dressing room, Jaehee was sitting on one of the chairs, getting her make up done for the photo shoot.

“Apparently, some of our employess had an access to our school’s yearbook, that’s where they saw. And Soo heard them talking.”

Jaejoong sighed.

“I feel…so guilty, hyung. Soo…she helped me a lot, even risking her career for me. And she’s my sister.” Changmin frowned.

“But, is she here already?” Jaehee asked. Changmin stood up and looked at her. Jaehee smiled and gently his cheek, as if to calm him.

“I haven’t seen her yet.” Jaejoong replied.

Then Haejung entered the room.

“Soo is running very late, I need an extra.”

 

Yunho got out of his car and observed Soomin as she headed inside the airport. He was right.

Last night, he guessed that she was flying back.

Back to her old life.

She was clutching to her passport and ticket as she pulled her luggage along.

Yunho took out his passport as well, discreetly following her.

 

Soomin sat down with a cup of warm coffee. She crossed her legs and took out a book.

Yunho took out his phone and tried to call her.

It rang. But she never picked up.

He saw Soomin look at her phone for a few seconds, and then with a sigh, she stood up and tossed her phone on one of the nearest bins.

Yunho frowned and looked away.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++