15

Not Just Any Replacement

Narrator’s POV

 

Jaehee choked on her water a little. Changmin looked at her and passed her a napkin.

Soomin smiled on her seat.

“Oh, right, eomma, appa, Jaehee-ssi, I mean unnie and I are working together for Haejung-unnie’s new clothing line.”

“Ah, geurae? That’s good.” Mrs. Shim nodded.

“Soomin is really good.” Jaehee nodded meekly.

Changmin ate quietly, he was sitting beside his sister right across Jaehee.

 Soomin’s brows rose briefly.

“But oppa, we’re working with another actor too. But I forgot his name, unnie, who is he?” Soomin blinked her doe like eyes at her sister-in-law.

“Oh?..Uh..Park Yoochun.”

“Him, I do remember watching his drama at Paris.” Soomin chuckled.

Changmin glared at his sister. Soomin stuck her tongue out.

“Anyway, its good to have you back, Soomin. And of course, welcome to our family Jaehee.”

 

After dinner, the elders excused themselves and went up to their room.

“We should go sit by the pool, the view is much better there.” Changmin nodded.

 

Soomin’s POV

 

I followed my brother and his wife out. I saw Jaehee unnie sit on one of the beach chairs, oppa took the one across hers.

I have to get out of here. So that they can talk.

“Oppa, I have to head out.” I stood up slowly. They both looked at me.

“But, it’s already late.” He looked at his watch.

“I’ll be back, don’t worry, then, annyeong!”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Soomin grabbed her Celine bag and went down to the garage with a huge grin on her face. She hopped in her white top down Porsche and began to drive away.

 

Jaehee looked at the starless sky.

“She seems really energetic, your sister I mean.”

Changmin nodded.

“She always way a little…..bit of a troublemaker.”

“How come I never met…her…before?”

Changmin looked at her, it was a first for Jaehee to initiate a conversation between them.

“Well, she was still thirteen years old when she left for England, she studied there.”

“How did she start? With the modeling career.” Jaehee looked at her toes.

“She was scouted there when she turned eighteen, eventually she moved to France after.”

Jaehee nodded and looked at him.

“I just realized that….we’re such in a big mess.” She chuckled lightly. Changmin looked up.

“And my attitude towards you isn’t exactly helping, huh?”

“Jaehee~”

“Even though we didn’t have a good ending before, that doesn’t mean we have to fight, now, right?”

Jaehee stood up and walked to him.

“Shim Changmin, let’s be friends.” She smiled and offered her hand.

Changmin smiled and gently shook her hand.

 

Jaehee’s POV
 

What I did was right. I didn’t like being a bitter , I have Yoochun now. Even though I did get hurt because of loving Changmin I have to let go of that. We’re long over.

“Oh, Jaehee-ya.”

I looked at him.

“Thanks, for putting up with my family.”

“It’s no big deal, you put up with my fans stalking you too.”

He chuckled.

“Right.”

 

“Don’t call for your manager, it’s already late, I’ll drive you home.” Changmin said as I stepped out of the front door.

“I can just take a taxi~”

“What would people say when they see ride a taxi out from the Shim residence?”

I closed my mouth.

Of course, he was always a smarty pants.

“Fine.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

A tall young man arrived from Beijing via a private jet. He was clad in a navy blue causal suit with the first two buttons of his shirt undone. He checked his Patek Phillipe watch then his phone started ringing.

“Pa, I’m already at Seoul. I just landed.”

“I’ll give jie or gege a call later. I still have some things to check.”

“Hao le, I’ll see you pa.”

He placed his phone back in his pocket and went out of the airport. He hailed a cab and gracefully got in.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

please check out my other fic :>

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/252480