The Visit 5

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

Key wakes up to an empty bed. He pouts as he rolls towards the edge of his bed. He slides both of his legs off the edge first, taking a moment to stretch before leaving the comforts of it. He clears his throat while rubbing each of his eyes. He opens the door, then smiles when he hears Minho’s distant voice.

“What are you doing? What are you doing? What are you doing?” Minho repeats teasingly. His voice is unexpectedly muffled by loud drilling. Kibum walks up next to Minho. He finds a much older fatter man drilling into his wall. The older man stops drilling. Minho gasps excited by the lack of sound, “What are you doing? What are you doing?”

Key laughs, “He can’t hear ghosts.”

Minho bounces as he turns toward Kibum, “so you’re more clairvoyant than him?” Key pouts while shrugging.

Kibum looks over the older man’s shoulder, “um, excuse me sir? May I ask what you’re doing?”

The old man grunts as he stands up, “you the owner?”

Key looks at him reticent, “yes?”

The man grunts again while nodding, “putting in the internet.” The man scratches his head unpleasantly. He looks at Kibum up and down. Minho is taken aback, he stands between the two. Key smiles shyly, comforted by Minho’s sudden protective behavior.

“Move, I would push you out of the way, but I have a feeling it would look weird pushing aside air,” Key whispers at Minho’s backside. Minho grimaces while stepping aside. The old man coughs before getting back to work.

Kibum trots away, “you hungry?” Minho nods thrilled by the thought of food.

The two eat quietly exchanging glances. The older man walks up, pulling his pants up lazily.

He coughs next to Minho in a way that makes him sound like he’s trying to hack up a lung, “done.”

Key stops eating, “thank you, sir.”

He nods uninterested, “needs a password, pretty boy.”

Minho gives the older man a dirty look, “I might punch him.”

Kibum smirks, “sure, what do I need to do?”

The man leans against the kitchen counter, “you got a computer, laptop, phone?” Key scurries off with the man’s eyes pasted to his body.

Kibum hands his mp3 respectfully to the man, “will this work?” The man snorts loudly while snatching away the mp3.

The man hands back the device, “password.”

Key types something in, “is that it?”

The man rubs his stubble loudly, “yup, you’re all set, fancy pants.”

Minho’s eyes narrow, “I’m definitely going to punch him.”

Kibum laughs, “please don’t.”

“huh,” grunts the man.

Key focuses, “oh, nothing. Can I show you out?”

The man grabs his things, “sure.”

Kibum shuts the door taking a deep breath of relief.

Minho drops his dish into the sink, “I may kill that man later.”

Key creeps back to kitchen, “please don’t.”

Minho runs a hand through his hair, “I’m sorry. I don’t do well … with that. Past experience with men like that makes it difficult for me to not become aggressive.”

Kibum chuckles, “so you’ve haunted horrible men too?”

Minho grins, “So how did you get internet? Why did you get internet?”

Key sits back in front of his plate, “Jonghyun. Music.”

Minho sits down next to him, “go on…”

Key continues to eat, “Jonghyun gave me the Mp3 ‘cause I told him I needed to keep myself busy. He told me there was music already in it, but I doubted it would be music I liked. He said I could get more music if I had internet. Now I have internet and music.” Kibum scoops the last of his food into his mouth, “can you even punch people?”

Minho seemed dazed by something, but focuses when he notices Key staring at him, “huh?”

Key laughs while picking up his dish, “can you get me my journal?”

The specter gasps, “I get to hold your book again? How exciting!” Minho runs off. Kibum rinses his dish while still listening for Minho. He can hear the demon sit back down at the kitchen counter. Key washes the dishes then places them on a drying rack.

Key turns to Minho and takes the book from him, “thank you.”

Entry 18

I let him sleep over. I guess it went well. I’m not dead. Do ghosts kill people?

Kibum looks at Minho, “do ghosts kill people?”

Minho laughs while shaking his head, “Not that I know of. What are you writing about?”

My ghost doesn’t kill people, so I guess I was just being overly cautious. I woke up with a bad feeling again. It wasn’t that bad this time. My ghost was there. I couldn’t feel him, but he was there for me. He called me clairvoyant. Am I? Is that why I saw him and the cable guy didn’t? The cable guy came! He was kind of rude.

Minho shifts his weight.

He made my ghost really mad.

Key glances at the phantom. Minho looks impatient. His wide eyes give the impression of mock innocence, much like a child trying to act good for a cookie.

Kibum caps his pen, “do you want to sit down?” The spirit stands straighter when acknowledged, he smiles while shaking his head. Key shuts the book, is he waiting for me to sit? Key picks up his books and walk over to the living room, he can hear footsteps echoing his own. Kibum plops down on the couch, the visitant sits on the floor in front of Key.

Kibum pulls out his Mp3, “are you a cool ghost?” The shade squints while he his head. Key laughs, “can you help me set this thing up?”

“Oh, why didn’t you just say that?” Minho presents his hand, requesting the Mp3. Kibum hands it over. Key watches the phantom fiddle with mp3. Minho shakes his head as he puts the Mp3 up to his ear. Kibum hears the Mp3 chime and a woman’s voice spring from the device seconds later. The spook lowers the Mp3. “This isn’t any better … idiot,” Minho murmurs. The voice cuts off after Minho taps the screen again. He sighs, “It’s pretty much set up. I’m not exactly sure what you want me to do.”

Kibum slides off the couch landing next to Minho, “I want music.”

The haunt taps the screen again, “go here. That’s about it.” Key scrolls through the song titles. He finds a song he likes and clicks on it.

Kibum receives a notice, “I completely ignored the prices. I don’t have any money.”

Minho takes the phone as soon as Key offers it, “its fine.” He hands back the phone after pressing more things, “just say yes whenever that notice pops up again.”

Kibum continues to select music, “what did you do?”

The apparition lies back, “I put it under Jonghyun’s account.”

“So you’re also a thief,” Key laughs.

“It would be nice if he paid for something for once,” the wraith responds.   

 

 

 

It's been a while lovlies, apologies. I got a bad grade on an essay and that really bummed me out. Enough about me! How are you guys? I think I may have found a replacement book, since I'm about to run out of my current fat book.

AS FOR CHAIR! HOW DARE YOU WRITE SUCH AWFUL THINGS ON MY FOOTNOTES! >.< I forgot to remind you! People make mistakes chair! Why do you treat me so badly v.v