The Visit 3

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

Key wakes up curled up in a corner, holding a book tightly. He grimaces when he remembers the book. He recalls reading the first couple pages and instantly connecting with the main character of the story. A boy who lost his mother. One night he wakes up frightened. The boy lost his memory of her image, just like Key lost Minho’s. Kibum grabbed at his chest when he remembered the father in the story. He held the son as he cried and told him, “I’ll remember for the both of us.” Thinking of the father made him long for a companion. Someone who could be the stronger part of Key and hold him when he cried. Kibum sits up in the corner. He stares at the book contemplating whether or not he wants to continue to read it. Kibum perks up and turns his attention to the kitchen when he hears a bag crumple. Minho stares back, wide-eyed. The revenant’s hand is halfway in the disgusting bag of chips Jonghyun bought.

Key looks at Minho with a passive expression, “you have a problem.” Minho digs into the bag, uninhibited now that Kibum is awake. Key sits by the counter to watch Minho more closely.

Minho his lips, he quickly transitions to seriousness, “you’re still not sleeping well?”

Key sighs, “yeah I woke up in the kitchen the other day. It doesn’t help that I live alone.”

The spook shuts the bag, “I think I have an idea that can help.”

Kibum his head, “what?”

The shade leans against the counter, “let me sleep with you.”

Key blushes, “what?”

“Let me stay for the night,” Minho’s voice is low.

Kibum turns away, flushed, “we’ll just sleep, right?”

“Yes, what else would we do?” Minho chuckles.

Key slinks off of his chair onto the floor, “nothing.” Kibum smacks both of his cheeks lightly. He begins to calm down, “I have a question.”

Minho pulls more of himself onto the counter, “I have an answer.”    

Key laughs lightly, “don’t ghosts usually leave? Like, when you die, don’t you just go somewhere else?”

Minho snickers, “is that the ghost folklore?”

Kibum pouts, “don’t laugh, I’m serious! Why do you stay?”

Minho sighs, “It’s hard to leave when you’ve given your heart and soul to someone.”

How can a soul leave when its owner hasn’t let it go yet? Key grimaces at the thought. Kibum notices the booklet under the coffee table. He’s overwhelmed with the desire to write in it. He crawls towards the book lazily. Minho walks closely behind him. Kibum smacks his hand onto the journal. He pulls it to his chest while rolling onto his back. Key huffs looking up at Minho. Minho blinks back at him. He walks away, out of Kibum’s line of sight. Key flips over again, he skims through the book for an empty page.

He frowns, “I need a pen.” A pen drops in front of him, its impact is abrasive, but appreciated. He smiles up at Minho who is standing over him once more.

Entry 16

He came today. I hate saying this, but I really missed him. Even if it was just a day. I have a feeling he was with someone important yesterday. It hurts to think there is someone more important than me. Someone he cares more about. I wonder if he thinks of that person when he’s here. His soul belongs to that person. He’s sweet with me. He must be sweeter with the other person.

Minho sits down next to Key.

I can’t help feeling jealous. Who is this person? Is that person more attractive than me? Do they even care about my ghost?

Minho crosses his legs in front of himself. His eyes locked on Key.

He offered to sleep over.

Minho sighs.

I’m tempted to say yes. Should I? He said I should trust him. Is that really a good idea?

Minho starts rocking side-to-side to keep himself entertained.

“Can you please stop moving?” Key says sharply.

Minho stops, “but I’m bored! You’re ignoring me! What am I supposed to do?”

“Sit still. You’re not a puppy. You don’t need constant attention,” Kibum murmurs looking over his writing.

Minho pouts, “But it’s nice.”

Key puts the book aside, “Jonghyun is coming over tomorrow.”

Minho smirks, “you must be excited.”

Kibum bring his knees up to his chest, “a little, he’s the only person who consistently visited me. He never gave up on me.”

The wraith frowns, “is that so.”

 

 

Hi my lovlies! Had a midterm today. I'm really tired. I promise to keep working on the story anyway. People have been asking me to read their stories. I like that they'd offer me their stories, but why me? I wouldn't think my opinion would matter >.< I'm sure the stories are great and i'll probably get to reading them real soon... hopefully. Thank you sooooo much for the comments! 501404 has a special place in my heart x3 Always commenting and being incredibly nice. 501404 has been with me since my first story. Thank you so much! I'm humbled v.v I really love that all of you guys find this story interesting. I love that you guys comment and give it the time of day. You guys are awesome. All of my subs have a very special place in my heart xD Again, thank you guys.