The Visit 8

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

Key wakes up with a headache, I slept too much. He groans, slowly getting out of bed. His eyes flutter for some focus, as he reaches for the door.

He slams onto the couch, he’s not here. The scarf he’s been working on is waiting for him on the coffee table. Kibum shuts his eyes.

Entry 24

I hate waiting for him! I almost feel helpless. It’s not like I want to wait for him. Everything’s just so bland without him. I was almost tempted to sleep in every room, but I woke up with a headache. I took a nap in the living room and now I feel worse. Decided to come back to my room since I wasn’t going to do anything anyways. it. I’m finishing that scarf.

Key tosses the book aside. He swings the door open, have I become addicted to an old lady hobby? He notices Minho is standing at the edge of the living room, the wraith is out of breath. Minho staggers towards Kibum, taciturn. His countenance seems uneasy and desperate, but somehow relieved by Key’s presence. He hugs Kibum tightly, Key notices Minho’s body wince as his embrace becomes tighter. Kibum doesn’t move, he’s fazed by Minho’s sickly appearance.

“Did you just wake up?” Minho huffs.

“No, I woke up a while ago. What happened to you? Are you all right?” Key mumbles.

“Yeah, let’s go to your room,” the duplicate let’s go of Kibum, “I need to lie down. I’m really tired.” Minho lies down slowly on the bed.

Kibum sits next to him dubiously, “why are you all pale? And you’re sweating.” He places a hand gently on the visitant’s head, “I wish I could check your temperature.”

“I’m fine,” Minho pants, “I wanted to be here.”

Key shakes his head, “you’re not all right. You look really sick.”

“I’m fine!” Minho yells. The phantom sits up haggardly, “I’m running out of time … I remember when you told me about your family…” Minho starts to doze off.

“Hey!” Kibum holds him up, “you’re scaring me.”

The shade places a hand on key’s neck, “I’m just sleepy more than anything. I’m fine, stop worrying … The ring do you remember that conversation?”

“Yes,” Key nods nervously.

Minho grits his teeth, “you don’t remember how you lost the ring, but—

He groans unexpectedly, “what about everything else? Tell me what happened to it?”

Kibum grabs Minho’s hand, “I’ll tell you if you lay back down.” Key helps the spook lie back, “I don’t remember how long it had been. I remember it wasn’t just one person, it was a team effort. Everyone packed up his things. I remember trying to stop them, but they held me back.”

“What did you say?” the ghoul asks softly.

“I remember it not being just one person? There were—

“No, not that,” Minho shakes his head, “you said you tried to stop them, but they held you back. I’m sure you were distraught. When a person is having something done to them against their will, they usually voice their disapproval. What did you say to them as they were taking out the things?”

Key seems astonished, “um … I don’t remember. I probably said, ‘stop taking his things?’”

“What went where?” Minho asks completely drained of energy.

“What went where?” Key repeats confused. He doesn’t want to ask the already tired Minho, he takes a guess, “I don’t remember. I think there were two piles. My husband’s belongings were in one pile … pictures and albums in the other.”

“What would you consider belongings?” Minho whispers.

“Clothes, accessories, shoes, that kind of stuff,” Kibum answers.

“Nothing a dead person would need,” the copy murmurs. The poltergeist’s breathing is still irregular and unpredictable, “why were there two piles?”

“I, I don’t know,” Key responds nervously.

“Think, please,” the haunt wines.

“I don’t know,” Key’s voice is desperate.

“Valuables are being moved. Why would you need two piles? What are the two piles for? It’s all one person’s things why weren’t they in the same pile?” Minho questions.

Kibum ponders the possibilities, “they aren’t going to the same places.”

The spirit smiles weakly, “why would they send things out to two different places?”

Kibum shakes his head, “I don’t know.”

Minho shuts his eyes, “A bunch of albums and a bunch of clothes. Do you remember looking at all of it?”

“Yes,” Kibum wants to comfort the equivalent, but doesn’t know how.

“Whose things were they taking?” Minho whispers.

“My husband’s,” Key answers quickly.

“Was it?” the demon murmurs.

 

 

 

Wow, lovlies, I'm almost up to a thousand views. How exciting! xD I got some new subs which is also really exciting! I think I'll wait until next chapter to ask what you guys think of the characters. Yesterday after I posted the Jinki chapter chair told me that she had a sneaking suspicion that Jinki is death. I thought that was an interesting answer, but I didn't tell her if she was right or wrong. I never do :3 I don't remember if I asked her why she thought he was death ... but yeah, I digress. I'm done with the big fat book I write in. NOW I must write on loose sheets of paper, until I find another book I can write in >.< I don't know if I've stressed this enough, but I really love when any of my old readers (readers from my last story) comment. I don't know if you guys knew how happy I was when moveslikeshinee commented xD Moveslikeshinee was one of the first commenters in my last story. I LOST IT GUYS! I was like ermagerd!!!! I'm not really sure why i get so excited, but thank you guys xD Thank you 501404 for always being so kind. I think i should stop here. My foot notes are too long >.< I'm sorry.