Dreams

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

His entire body is cold to the point of his limbs feeling numb. His insides are torn apart with every breath. The difference in temperature makes his body shake uncontrollably. His throat still feels hoarse from the memory’s yelling. Hot tears warm his frigid skin. Under the lights he can only cringe and bear the burning.

Minho suddenly appears above him, “Key, I’m here! Listen to me!” Key can hear voices yelling in the distance, calling for Minho. This doesn’t feel right. This isn’t supposed to happen, Key thinks to himself. Minho looks frightened and anxious. He cradles Key’s face, “what burns as it cools.” Figures grab at Minho. He struggles with the dark outlines. “No! I don’t want to leave him!” Minho screams at the shapes, “He’s not progressing! He needs my help!” He tears at the shadows as he’s dragged out of Key’s view, “remember that! What burns as it cools! Stop focusing on the wrong things! You’re not always affected by the things you see. There’s more than just the visible.”

Smack!

“Ouch,” the ghost pulls Kibum’s hand off his face. He pouts at Key, still half asleep. “That’s not exactly the way I’d like to be woken up,” he guides Key’s hand over his cheek and temple.

Kibum narrows his tired eyes, smiling at the tired wraith’s warm welcome, “sorry.” Minho inches closer to him, watchful for changes in his expression.

The demon outlines Key’s face, “You look like you haven’t been sleeping. Is that my fault?” Kibum shakes his head, shutting his eyes. He hopes for some kind response from his nerves, a sign that Minho’s really there.

Kibum can feel his body ache at the thought of his spirit’s absence, “I’m sorry for making you leave.”

Minho let’s his fingers skim down Key’s neck, “I know you were just scared.”

“You were in my dream,” Key grumbles.

Minho drops his hand letting it rest under Kibum’s chin, “what was I doing?”

Key opens his eyes, “you were scared. You weren’t supposed to be there … you asked me what burns as it cools.”

Minho scoots closer, “what were you dreaming about?”

Kibum stares at the apparition, “it was the accident.” He can see the phantom move closer, but remains motionless.

“Were you scared?” Minho whispers.

“Yes,” he admits.

Minho moves close enough to rub his nose against Key’s, “would you let me touch you if I asked.”

“You’re already touching me,” Key laughs.

“I mean with more than just my hands,” the spirit places a gentle hand on Kibum’s jaw.

Key rips himself away, “no.” He tumbles out of bed, distancing himself from the ghoul.

Minho sits up, “why not?”

Kibum opens one of his dressers, “I just don’t want you to.”

Key listens to the shade’s footsteps move toward him, “I know it’s a lot to ask … but …”

Kibum shakes his head picking out a clean shirt from a folded pile, “but what? Maybe if you could tell me something I’d let you do whatever you want, but I’m not just gonna let you do it without an explanation.” He can see arms wrap around his waist. Fingers curl, taking of the cloth over his stomach. His breath taps against Kibum’s neck. The hands move up pulling his shirt along with it. Key smacks the hands away, “I can take off my shirt myself.”

“I never said you couldn’t,” the phantasm’s voice is low, “can I explain after I kiss you?” Kibum changes his shirts quickly as he shakes his head. He begins to walk away from the ghost when he’s pulled back by a gentle tug.

“I just need you to say yes,” Minho’s lips are inches away from Key. Kibum can feel his heart racing and his face become hot. He can see the presence staring at him, his gaze is both hopeful yet anxious. Kibum shoves him away, quickly stomping out of the room in a huff.

Wait!”

Kibum whips around, slamming his hand against the kitchen counter, “What!” The double runs out of the room.

He straightens up when he sees Key bravely standing his ground, “Don’t leave me alone … What’s wrong?”

Key sighs rubbing his temple as he shuts his eyes, “I’m just … I don’t know.”

He can hear Minho move closer, “so why are you running away from me?”

Kibum continues to walk into the kitchen, “I’m not running away from you. I’m trying to make myself some coffee. I don’t plan on going to sleep anytime soon.” Once close enough to the machine, Key reaches for the power button. His eyebrows furrow, why isn’t my arm moving? He looks over at his unresponsive limb to see the ghost’s fingers wrapped around it. “Let me go,” he commands, exasperated. He spins around, but not by his own free will. It was strange feeling like Minho’s puppet he wasn’t quite sure what to do.

“No,” the spook growls. Kibum tries to slap him, but is quickly disheartened when he notices his other hand is also being held captive.

“Stop it your hurting me,” Key whines.

“Liar,” Minho smirks, “you can’t feel a thing. If you did you’d be more excited than afraid.”

Kibum keeps his gaze away from the twin, “what do you know.”

“I know that if you kissed me, you’d be a lot happier,” his voice is soft against the rim of his ear. Key can’t help the chills that run down his body.

Kibum tries to wiggle away from him, “how would that make me happy? I can’t even feel you stupid.”

Minho takes deep breaths against Key’s neck, “Why do you fight me then? It’s not like you would feel it. What’s the harm in a meaningless kiss?” Kibum straightens up feeling a rush of nerves.

“What is this?” Kibum whispers, breathless. Minho nips his neck softly, before kissing him passionately. He pulls away.

“You can feel me. Enjoy it,” the demon suspires against Key’s lips. Kibum can feel the ghost’s fingers pull away from his wrists. Minho digs his fingers into Key’s hair. Kibum moans before being interrupted by another kiss. He wraps his arms around Minho. He can’t remember the last time he felt the intimate touch of another person. Minho’s hands lace down Key’s body.

Minho picks him up gently placing him on the kitchen counter, “I need you to trust me. Trust the things I do have purpose. Give me the opportunity to show you the truth to give you the solace you’ve been looking for.” He begins to gently push Key down against the counter. On his back, he can feel Minho’s hands reaching under his clothing. He can feel Minho’s soft hands clasp to his hot skin. They trail down his ribs, roughly making their way to his hips.

“I’ve always trusted you, Minho,” Key huffs.

Minho stops, “have you?” Kibum sits up, sensing that something has changed. Minho begins to fade and tear like smoke clearing. Kibum tries to hold the picture together. He sees a flash of Minho staring at him, shocked.

Boom! Crack! Hiss.

Hey!” the spirit screams, “Say something! Anything, please!” Kibum slowly opens his eyes.

Key shakes his head, feeling lightly disoriented, “What happened?”

The poltergeist lifts Kibum, “you fainted after you stomped out of the room. What do you think happened?”

Key shuts his eyes, “I think I saw my husband … It was so weird. It’s like you and him were the same person. He told me to trust you … or trust him? I don’t know.”

Minho places him on the bed, “you really scared me. I thought I lost you.”

Kibum sits up, “I saw something else.”

Minho brushes Key’s cheekbone, “what was it.”

“My husband, right before the accident.”

 

 

I think I'ma start calling you guys cookies :3 I got a new sub or two a while back. I would like to welcome my new cookies. I also hope they stick around. I think I love you guys more now that I call you my cookies x3 Sorry I haven't been able to post. I read the comments ... but I can't for the life of me remember them. I'm really sorry guys. I'm a bit off my game. You guys keep catching up to me so I have to rush to make the next chapters. I don't like rushing. It ruins the story, but I looked over the content of the chapter and I'm happy with the end result. I'm hoping there aren't any typoes, but I really can't be sure. Thank you to any of you guys who read my one-shot of rapmon. I'm actually not sure if any of you guys read it ... but ... yeah. Thanks :D I hope you like the chapter I'll be working on the next chapter, and hopefully I'll be done with it real soon. I'm also posting up one more thing. I'm calling it Gods. It's nothing like this story so I'm not sure how it will do. Wish me luck!