Lights

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

Hiss

Kibum paws at his surrounding unable to perceive a clear image. His lips are dry and his body feels beaten into submission. The air he gasps for rips the inside of his lungs as it chokes his throat. He whimpers as he tries to find his way in such unfamiliar surroundings.

He blinks.

No! Stop! Not me!” Kibum can hear the screams more clearly. The figures above him are fuzzy and faceless. The shrieking makes the compression in his brain intensify. His vision becomes more blurred the more he tries to focus on the screams. Who are you? Key thinks to himself.

He’s still inside! Don’t bother with me! Get him! I’m fine, get him!” Key can feel his ragged body jerk and twist in a battle against the figures. He bats his eyes trying to clear the image. The figures move away from him, leaving him alone with bright lights overhead. The voice continues to repeat itself with the same urgency. He can feel his body quiver as it’s stung by the colorful lights. He tries to ignore the pain. He wants to know whose screaming. The voice loses its hollow sound.

Kibum’s body tenses, I know that voice. It’s mine.

“No, Key, you shouldn’t be here. This isn’t the thing you should focus on. You already know this part too well,” a distorted voice speaks clearly to him.

He can’t speak. His voice is stuck in the past circumstance, screaming at unrecognizable beings. Who are you? Kibum’s mind queries.

“Close your eyes. Now’s not the time for silly questions,” the deep ominous voice replies. Key shuts his eyes digging his fingers into the fire that singes his skin.

“What happens when a fantasy becomes a memory?” Minho asks gently in the darkness. Kibum opens his eyes. The pale white room harasses his vision. He can see Minho’s features through the blinding surroundings. The bright light fades. Minho sits directly in front of Key on the colorless floor.

“I don’t know,” Kibum’s hushed voice cracks. Minho smiles, but his eyes twitch. Key can see a crimson stain growing on Minho’s shirt. He watches the spot grow, “you’re my ghost aren’t you? Why are you smiling? You’re dying.”

The wraith covers the carmine nuisance, “I don’t want to frighten you. I’m running out of time. I need to help you before I’m gone.”

“Where are you going?” Kibum whimpers. He purposely keeps a quiet tone to keep himself from making an echo in the white room.

“He’ll be out of sight, but not out of mind. He won’t be alone either. We’ll be together,” Minho’s duplicate deafeningly chimes in.

Key turns to the Minho standing overhead, “why don’t I know you?”

“You know me. You know me well enough to constantly think about me,” Minho’s words reflect against the emptiness.

Jonghyun suddenly appears, pushing Minho aside, “listen to me. They don’t exist. They never existed.” Kibum grimaces at Jonghyun’s interjection.

The poltergeist hugs Key, “stop it. You’re confusing him.”

“Tell him the truth,” the unknown Minho demands.

 “Don’t listen to them, Key. Look at them, you know deep down they’re not real,” Jonghyun pushes.

“Stop it! That’s not helping!” The apparition shouts.

Jonghyun points at the Minho standing next to him, “look at him. You know who he is, you just have to admit it to yourself. What can feel as real as life, but can also remain untouched by time, like a frozen image trapped in time. What does everyone hold onto for dear life because its influence is your very being? Its presence is your very essence!”

Wake up

 

 

(  ~'-')~    (-.-  )

 

Oh crap! I just checked my comments! >.< Sorry I didn't see your comment Yamilin v.v I like the ideas you're coming up with. Thank you for the support in my time of need (  '-') lol