The White Room

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

The white room stings Key’s unprepared eyes. He squints at the vast empty space, its color bright and unforgiving. The light mechanical hum in the background gives the room an even greater manufactured aura.

“Hello?” Kibum’s voice booms in the empty room. He scares himself with the volume of his own voice.

“Key,” the familiar voice is gentle in comparison. Key turns to the voice, Minho stands feet away.

Kibum smiles as he move in to hug him, “Where are we?” Key moves away from the figure, “I can’t feel you.”

Minho blinks, “what does that mean?”

Key steps back, “I don’t know.”

“Don’t be frightened by him,” another voice reverberates off the walls as loud as Kibum’s. Key whips around to see the second voice. A second Minho stands before Key. He throws himself towards the second Minho. He stumbles through the being. “No Key, you can’t touch me. You know that,” Minho’s laugh echoes in the white room.

One of the twins spins Kibum, “It’s me. I’m the only one you can hold. The one you hold, but can’t seem to feel. Why?”

Key shakes his head, “are you asking me? I don’t know!”

The other Minho peers over his copy’s shoulder, “Can ghosts be held, but not felt?”

“What burns when touched?” the ghost whispers as he cradles Key’s face.

Kibum smacks away the unwelcome hands, “I don’t know! I don’t know what either of you want!”

“The truth!” Minho’s voice booms in the vast emptiness.

The wraith grimaces as he moves closer to Key, “stop fighting. Stop pushing me away.” Kibum shoves the apparition. Key wipes his face of the hot tears painting his rosed cheeks. The poltergeist winces, his hands cover his abdomen. He removes his hands, they’re coated in maroon. “I’m running out of time.”

Key places a hand over the ghost’s bloody stomach, “Time? What time? What’s going to happen to you?”

“Where’s the ring, Key?” Minho’s voice echoes behind him.

“I can’t stop the bleeding,” Kibum yelps.

“Where’s your ring, Kibum!” Minho’s voice surrounds Key, suffocating him. The phantom covers his mouth.

“I don’t know! Help him!” Kibum screams. The demon slowly levels his hand, a bloody ring in his palm. Key wipes the blood from the ghoul’s lips.

“What a pathetic creature,” Jonghyun’s voice bounces off the walls.

Kibum wakes up screaming. He feels cold under his wet skin. He briskly walks to the sink in his kitchen. His hand trembles as he holds a glass under the running water. He takes heavy breaths against the lip of the cup.

 

 

 

Lovlies! I'm sore T^T Skating make me feel old. Moveslikeshinee sorry about being such a tease with the Minkey moments, but there are certain things I can't allow to happen just yet. LMFAO boocontainer, I was dying when I read your comments. I like where your theories are going, but I would just like to say something, just because something is said doesn't make it a fact. I don't know if I should tell you guys this >.< but you should doubt everything in the story. THAT'S IT I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ELSE! I've said too much Dx I like all the ideas you guys come up with, they're always so different from eachother. Thank you Yamilin, I had a great day actually. Keep up with the guesses you guys. I feel like one of you might get it right.

p.s I forgot to mention this before, but I recently got a tumblr. It wouldn't let me look at stuff until I did T^T There was one other thing I wanted to mention ... but I can't remember anymore (  ._.)