The Visit 13

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

Kibum jerks into consciousness. Minho grabs his arms to keep him from swinging. Key gasps for breath, tired from his night terrors.

“I’m okay,” Kibum puffs. Minho let’s go of his hands, cradling Key’s torso once more. He tiredly looks over his guardian. He’s been up for who knows how long, watching over Kibum.

“Go back to sleep,” the ghoul whispers.

“I can’t,” Kibum shivers.     

Minho shuts his tired eyes, “you need to sleep. I can see how tired you still are. I need you to try to sleep. Just remember that I’m here holding you. I’ll make sure nothing happens to you. I swear on it.” Key shifts as he shuts his eyes.

“That’s good,” Minho whispers. “This will be your baseline.”

Kibum opens his eyes, finding himself back in the white room, “what are you talking about.”

Minho smiles down at Key, “you’re asleep. Your last memory is this. Look through your past for answers, if you find it too difficult to handle just call for me and I’ll pull you back.”

Key shuts his eyes.

He opens them, feeling his body heavy. He breathes past the water that gathers at the rim of his nose. He can only see his shoulder and the porcelain surrounding him. His face is turned. Minho is repositioning his head up-right.

Minho swallows, “I’m so sorry.” The water can’t hide the troubled man’s reddening eyes and nose. Minho moves closer to Key, “we don’t have to talk about it right now. You can tell me when you’re ready.” Minho covers his mouth and nose with the backside of his hand, trying to hide his grimace. “You can tell me when you’re ready.” Kibum can’t seem to move, why am I here? Minho continues to scrub, slowly drowning himself in tears as he cleans Key’s body, “This is all my fault. I’ll understand if you never forgive me for this … but I swear to you, I won’t let anything ever hurt you again.” The scene fades into black.

“I did what you asked of me,” the familiar voice sighs.

“And?” Minho speaks to the voice.

“I looked into everything he did before he was settled him here. Since I worked backwards it was a pretty easy find. Seven was his room number,” heavy paper smacks a flat surface. “I’m sorry.”

“I need to tell Jonghyun, he needs to know this … Why didn’t I remember that?” Minho groans.

“You’re tired, and that was some time ago. During visits weren’t you usually situated somewhere else. There was no way you could have seen the room number,” Jinki consoles Minho.

“No, I can’t excuse that,” Minho shakes. “I saw his room. Once, it was all I needed to know.”

“Are you all right?” Jinki questions. No answer. “Give me him.” Key feels weightless.

Steps.

Click.

That’s not a ing excuse! I know that room! I walked away! I ing walked away when he needed me most! I had too!” Minho's screaming in the distance. There’s stomping held under a thick blanket.

“Stop it. You knew what you were doing. You dealt with the situation the best you could,” a muffled voice answers.

No that! I should have killed him right there! I should have ripped his ing spine out of his ing body and beat him with it! that logical ing bull!”

Heavy steps and shuffling slowly distance themselves. Continuous muffled screaming distances itself from audibility. Silence.

“Minho? I want to go back,” Kibum’s voice echoes. His eyes are uncovered by Minho.

The guardian soothingly rubs Key’s chest, “how was it?”

Kibum rubs his eyes, “confusing as usual.”

Minho pouts, “Sorry, love.”

Key sighs, “Its fine. Can you just hold me for a bit?”

Minho grins softly, “of course.”

 

 

 

Hello again cookies :3 I hope you don't mind me updating again. Saina96 :D HAI! I can't answer that lol (v  '-')>o have a cookie instead. It is interesting that you would say that though. Lol I like your running man by the way.