Jinki 2

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

“Do you just ignore everything I tell you?” Jinki asks sharply.

A hand moves Kibum away from his source of warmth, “most of the time. I know you mean well, I just don’t care.”

A chair lightly drags against the floor, “how is it?”

Fabric is displaced, “feels the same, but it looks even worse. You don’t have to babysit me, you know.”

Jinki chuckles, “oh yes I do. After the way you guilt tripped me? I almost feel obligated … That’s usually what happens. It looks worse before it gets better.” Peeling, “yeah that’s normal. You’ll be fine.” Jinki sighs, “What’s wrong.”

Minho grunts, “I hurt him today. The first time I’ve ever lost control.”

Fingers whisper against a smooth surface, “I don’t suppose he’s mad at you. If he was, you wouldn’t still be here.”

A clap exudes, “are your hands clean?”

“No, I just murdered two hookers before I got here,” Jinki heckles. Silence. “Yes they’re clean!” Jinki replies irritated.

Minho sighs, “even if he forgave me … that’s not the point. I hurt him. I’ve never done that before. What if I’ve ruined everything?” Rattling, “I’m fine.”

“Just … okay?” Jinki responds frustrated, “and the other ones?”

“You don’t have to worry about it,” Minho answers.

Pop, “I hope I don’t. Here.” Minho groans as he shifts. “You worry too much. You can’t ruin something that was bound to fail. He probably knows you didn’t mean to hurt him. If he really is different he’ll see what I see. You’ve always been too passive to intentionally want to hurt someone. It’s saddening to say the least.” Silence. “Do you remember the Czech?”

“Yes, she was a feisty one,” Minho speaks in undertones.

“She bit you, slapped you, spit on you, and you never laid a hand on her, which is more than I can say,” Jinki chuckles.

“I couldn’t blame her for being that way,” Minho states, somber.

“She knew what she was getting into,” Jinki retorts coldly.

“Do you regret the things we’ve done?” Minho queries.

Jinki sighs, “Nope, this world needs us.”

“No, it doesn’t. We’re monsters,” Minho murmurs.

“All your self-loathing makes me feel like I’m with a teenager. Should we slit each other’s wrists?” Jinki sneers.

“Am I annoying you? I’m so sorry,” Minho ripostes.

“Why do you keep doing this to yourself?” Jinki questions. Silence. “Don’t ignore me. And don’t give me that ‘it’s different this time’ bull either,” Jinki scolds. Silence. “You’ve always been this way. Why? It seems like nothing is ever enough for you.”

“This is different,” Minho intrudes.

Shut up! The one thing I ask you not to say and you say it anyways! What the ? Am I speaking a different language? I know I’m not! So let me ask you this, what if this isn’t his hell?” Jinki proposes.

“It is,” Minho almost sounds unsure.

“Is it? It doesn’t seem like it from here. He’s forgetful. You’re the fool. This isn’t something he can escape. His solution is as simple as yours, just let go. You’re the one who keeps reliving this same situation. I’ve seen you do it over and over again. You can never let sleeping dogs lie. The Czech can attest to that. You keep making the same mistake, you keep getting hurt.”

“He needs my help. I can see him suffering,” Minho argues.

“Does he? What he has is passing, you and I both know that,” Jinki disregards, “he can forget it all and move on, without shedding a tear. But you, you keep repeating the same grueling cycle. He’s not the one that needs help, it’s you.”  

 

 

Hello lovlies, how were all of your days? I hope they were good :3 I'm a bit nervous about this chapter >.< I've been noticing you guys been wondering about different little hints. I would like to say that they'll all be explained in the end, but that might not be a possibility since some of the answers have very deep back story that has nothing to do with this story. The Czech, for instance. When the story ends I'll ask you guys if you have any unanswered questions and probably just make the answers special chapters or something. You guys should start writing your questions down now so you don't forget xD If your forgetful like me I would suggest that. I am planning on doing an epilogue so ... um ... yeah. Moveslikeshinee, I understand haha, I'm glad you like the minkey chapters, I try not to make them all too angsty. It's better for the story to have some sad moments and some cute moments. I've been worried that Minho and Key's interactions haven't been as cute as I hope them to be (or atleast heartfelt), but I'm really happy you like the chapters :3 Thank you mingetskey :D