The Visit 7

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

Key squints as he reaches for the doorknob. He opens the door while yawning. He takes a step forward, but stops.

“What’s wrong?” Minho takes his place next to Key.

Kibum grabs one of his shoulders, “I don’t know. I feel nervous for some reason.”

The phantom begins to rock, “well what are you planning to do?”

Key ruffles his hair, “shower, but when I opened the door and thought about it … I started feeling scared.”

Minho nods, “should I accompany you?” Kibum blushes, he wants to say no, but the words can’t seem to escape his lips. The thought of showering alone right now horrifies him. He nods meekly. The spirit steps into the bathroom and takes a seat on the sink.

Minho waves Kibum in, “proceed.” Key walks in slowly. He begins to remove his garments, but stops when he notices the apparition staring.

Kibum shields his chest, “stop looking at me.” Minho sighs while covering his eyes. Key stops again, shaking his head this time, “I can’t.” Minho hops off his seat and removes his shirt. Kibum shrieks while shutting his eyes, “What are you doing!”

He can hear the wraith chuckle, “I’m going in with you.” Key peeks for a second. He yelps when he sees the look-a-like drop his pants. Minho scoff, “get in the shower.” Kibum steps in obediently.

As he showers he glances at Minho constantly. The poltergeist makes sure to keep his eyes averted.

Key rinses the soap out of his hair, “you look a lot like Minho.”

The duplicate groans, “that’s not something I want to hear while I’m .” Kibum laughs at the comment.

Minho sits on the bed, he watches Key lay out possible outfits. When Kibum finishes laying out his clothing, Minho walks to a far corner of the room. He dresses himself silently. Key tries not to look.

The ghost pats down his shirt as he turns around, “how are you not done changing?” Kibum casts his eyes while shamefully putting one last piece of clothing. Minho walks up to Kibum with a towel in hand. Key stares at him expectantly.

The twin purses his lips as he hands over the towel, “your hair is still wet.” Kibum walks out of the room while placing the towel on his head. He tousles his hair as he sits down on the couch. The copy sits on the floor watching Key carefully. Kibum puts the towel aside. He picks up his ball of string and hands it to Minho. The equivalent beams at the gesture. Minho hops onto the couch, he slinks onto Kibum’s lap.

Key laughs, “comfortable?”

The clone nods, “very.” Kibum hands him a pillow. Minho scrunches it under his chin. Only his torso is on Key’s lap. The extras are flat against the rest of the couch. Minho holds the ball carefully ahead of his body. Key rests his wrists on the parallel’s back and begins to knit.

Kibum tugs at the string, “more.” Minho unravels the string carefully. After giving the yarn some slack he puts the ball under his head, replacing the pillow. He presses his forearms against the outside of Key’s thighs before yawning. Kibum stops knitting. Minho notices. Key slides a hand under Minho’s shirt, he begins to rub his back.

“What’s it feel like?” Kibum’s question is genuine and curious.

“Good,” Minho purrs.

Key stops rubbing when he notices Minho’s breathing become incredibly slowed, He’s probably asleep.

“I’m not asleep,” the ghoul mumbles.

Kibum flinches, “why do you do that?”

Minho stretches, “do what?”

Key keeps running his hand across Minho’s back, “you always seem to say the same thing I think. It makes me think you aren’t a ghost.”

“If I wasn’t a ghost what would I be?” Minho questions.

Kibum shrugs, “I don’t know, my imagination?”

“You can’t take into consideration that maybe we just think alike?” Minho yawns once more.

Key pulls his hands out from under Minho’s shirt, “no, why would we?”

Minho rolls over, his head strangely hangs off of Kibum’s lap, “why not?” Kibum shrugs. The doppelganger rubs his eyes, “you don’t think two people could have similar thoughts?”

Key cleans the gunk off the edges of Minho’s eyes, “Not the way you do. The way you do it is too … precise. No two people think that alike. I feel like the only reason you think like me is because you are me.”

Minho smacks his lips, still dozy, “you’ve noticed it haven’t you?”

“What,” Kibum grabs a pillow and puts it under Minho’s head.

Minho adjusts his head, “the differences. You can hear me, but not them. Don’t you find that odd?”

“I find it odd that you know I can hear you and not them,” Key argues.

“Stop avoiding the question,” Minho rebukes.

“This is the first time I’ve ever thought about it,” Key answers honestly.

“But you’ve at least noticed it, right?” Minho continues. Kibum nods. “If you can hear me make physical noise, rather than just my words, wouldn’t that make it less likely that I’m your imagination?” Minho asks.

“I don’t know,” Kibum becomes lost in contemplation.

“Listen to me carefully. You can hear me. You can’t hear them. You can feel them. You can’t feel me. Why am I so different? What is setting me apart from them?” the demon inquires. 

 

 

 

Lovlies! I got a new sub! xD How exciting! I was so happy when I someone new comment T^T you guys are so nice. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Excuse my language, but I am over the ing moon right now! By the way, I wanted to clear something up... 501404 he didn't get his memory back >.< I'm sorry. I was being really vague at first on purpose, but i should just clear it up now, what Key was afraid of forgetting was his dream. That's what he's going to talk to Jonghyun about. Sorry for the confusion v.v I'm glad you like the title ^-^ I wasn't really sure about it. I thought it might have been too long, or that it made the story seem too sad. But thank you :D I'll be keeping this title. Moveslikeshinee HI XD that is all.