Break

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

“Key, get up,” Jonghyun commands. Kibum doesn’t move. Jonghyun places a hand gently on his shoulder.

Kibum smacks his hand away aggressively, “don’t touch me!”

Jonghyun remains silent for a moment, “you’ve soiled yourself.” Key can hear him cross his arms, “you’re still afraid. Have the dreams intensified? What have they been showing you?” Kibum doesn’t answer, he curls further into himself. Arms wrap around Key’s body, ripping him away from his sheets faster than he can react. Kibum flails frantically as he screeches incoherently. Key can see where he’s being dragged and he screams even louder.

“Stop! Jonghyun stop!” Kibum cries. Tears clean paths down his sticky cheeks as he struggles to pull away from Jonghyun. He tears at Jonghyun’s shirt while his legs kick at the air desperately. “Seven! Seven, seven, seven!” Key howls as he nears the bathroom. Jonghyun drops him. Jonghyun slams his wrists onto the floor, pinning them under his heavy hands.

“What about seven,” Jonghyun growls. Kibum struggles underneath Jonghyun, whimpering softly. “Tell me!” Jonghyun yells at the weakened man.

“I don’t know,” he coughs past his tears.

“Yes you do! Tell me what seven means,” Jonghyun commands angrily.

Key snivels under the terrifying presence, “I don’t know.”

“You dreamt about it! You do know! Tell me what you know!” Jonghyun nears the shaken Kibum.

“I don’t, I really don’t,” Kibum sobs. Jonghyun shakes his head.

He stands up and continues to drag Key, “useless.” Kibum screams past his fading voice. Jonghyun dips down to take a better hold of Key. Kibum smacks limp hands against Jonghyun’s face and shoulders. Jonghyun heaves as he pulls Kibum’s resisting body over the lip of the tub. Key’s body slinks to the porcelain base.

He quivers as his eyes dart around the room, “cold.” White flakes float down from above. The white spots lightly land on Key and melt quickly. Kibum bellows loudly, “I’m so cold!” Jonghyun ignores him, turning on the water calmly.

“The water will keep you warm,” Jonghyun whispers as he clogs the tub.

Key splashes towards him, “what about you? It’s everywhere! What’s going to happen to you?” Kibum cups Jonghyun’s face, fearful of his fate.

Jonghyun smiles softly, snow gracefully piles over the topography of his face, “I’ll be fine. Just tell me what you see.”

Key sits compliantly in the tub, hugging his legs against his chest, “white … everything’s white. Everything’s getting buried in it.”

Jonghyun blinks off a pile of snow from his face, “good. Keep talking.” His voice is morphing as he slowly disappears under the mass of snow. It’s quiet now. Only the soothing sound of water filling the tub in the background can be heard. Kibum turns off the water once it’s filled a sufficient amount of the porcelain bowl.

How do you feel?

Kibum flinches at the distorted voice, “who are you?” He scans his white surroundings.

The deep voice laughs, you know who I am. Are you cold?

Key’s hands rise out of the water to gather at his chest, “not really. The water’s warm … my clothes feels heavy though.”

Then take them off, the voice suggests.

Kibum starts to scrape off his shirt, “why don’t I feel like I know you? Who are you?”

Who do you think I am?

Kibum carefully places the soaked shirt outside of the tub, “me?”

Okay.

Key starts to pull of his pants, “is something wrong with me?”

No, why do you ask?

He strings the steamy pants outside of the tub, “If anyone knew whether or not I was okay it should be me right?”

I suppose.

Kibum sinks into the warm water, leaving only his head above the surface, “what’s seven?”

A number.

Key splashes warm water onto his cold face, “why does it make me scared of the restroom?”

You’re confusing its meaning.

“And what does it mean?” Kibum asks softly, making the water ripple under his words.

It’s a number.

Kibum grimaces, “I tried dreaming about it, but … I didn’t like what I found. I didn’t know how I got there either … I felt so helpless.”

So you remember

“I don’t know what I remember. What was that?” Key asks.

The number. The room. The man.

“I don’t want to think about it anymore,” Kibum shakes his head.

Look around. What do you see?

Key films the area. He finds a cup he never noticed. He grabs the cup quickly, something rattles inside.

Kibum looks into the cup, “there’s a pill in here.”

Take it, it will wake you up.

Key’s eyebrows furrow, “but I’m already awake.”

Wake up.

Kibum downs the pill.

Wake up.

 

 

 

 

Cookies, hello. ^-^ I did it! I'm posting more! Sorry about the confusion Sapphire-eyes, we're getting real close to the end. Just a bit more. Interesting thought Yamilin. I understand moveslikeshinee. Tell me if you come up with any ideas on any of the characters. I'd like to know what you guys think all the characters are.