The Visit 6

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

Key wakes up groggy, despite the fact that he slept through the whole night. He opens the door carelessly and stumbles out of his room. He walks lazily towards his living room. He stops moving when he hears a thump in one of the halls. A chill runs up Kibum’s spine, he creeps towards the hall where the sound came from. He pauses before turning the corner, he can hear something just on the other side. Key peeks nervously.

Kibum steps out from behind the corner, “what are you doing?”

Minho is sprawled out across the floor with his tongue sticking out, “… nothing. What are you doing?”

Key remains unsatisfied, “I’m serious.”

Minho stands up, “you woke up so I had to start sliding around.”

Kibum is confused by the statement, “what?”

The wraith begins to dust himself off, “trust me, this isn’t ideal for me.”

Key becomes suspicious, “really? ‘Cause it looked like you were enjoying it.”

“You have to enjoy the little things in life,” Minho jokes.

“Stop side-tracking! Why are you doing that?” Kibum reprimands.

“I have to keep some mystery!” Minho whines.

“Explain,” Key demands.

The phantasm sighs, “I know you can hear me when I move around. It’s why I usually come around while you’re sleeping. When you wake up I slide around on the floor so you don’t hear me.” Kibum walks away without responding. Key sits on the couch and grabs his knitting supplies. Minho sits on the floor next to Key’s feet. Kibum looks over the first page of a do-it-yourself book. He puts the book aside and begins to unravel a bun of yarn.

“What are you doing?” Minho asks softly.

Key continues to unravel the yarn, “learning to knit. Apparently you’re supposed to re-roll it yourself?”

Minho straightens up, “really? Can I help?”

Kibum tosses the roll at him, “sure.” The two spend a lengthy amount of time unraveling the bun.

Minho stares at all the undone string, awestricken, “I feel like all we did was make a mess.” The two spend another couple of minutes making the yarn into a ball.

Key loops the string carefully between his fingers, looking back at the book every few seconds. He’s sitting on the couch completely enthralled by the project. Minho’s lying on his back, he’s stretched out across the rest of the couch, his head resting on Kibum’s lap. Key begins to make rings around one of the needles, murmuring to himself while still consulting the book. The poltergeist blinks at the ball of yarn he’s holding close to his chest. He’s content with his position as yarn holder so long as he can stay comfortably against Kibum.

Key tugs at the string, “more.” The revenant obeys, disentanglement a bit more of the sizeable ball. He listens to the clacking of the metal knitting needles, the sound soothes him.

His eyes become heavy, “what are you knitting?”

Kibum stops, “I don’t know yet. The only thing I can make with this many loops is a tiny blanket. A blanket for a mouse maybe?”

Minho chuckles, still being completely lethargic, “sound promising.”

Key continues to knit, “yeah, it does.” He tugs at the string again, “more.” The twin leisurely unties more.

Kibum tugs on the string, “more.” Minho is unresponsive. Key peers over and finds him sleeping peacefully. He is still holding the ball of yarn close to his chest. Key looks over his progress, he notices what he’s knitted so far has become too long to be a mouse’s blanket.

He pouts at his creation, “A scarf, I guess.” Kibum puts the project aside and changes his focus to Minho, I wish I knew what you felt like right now. Key places a hand on the spirit’s forehead. He runs his fingers up and through Minho’s hair. Kibum reveals Minho’s forehead, you’re probably warm. He keeps brushing through Minho’s bangs, displacing them and moving them away from the double’s face. He can hear the hair rustle, but can’t feel it, your hair must be smooth. It looks like it would be. He prudently picks up Minho’s head while moving slowly out from under him. He sits on the floor, remaining close to the ghost’s face, you look so calm. I wonder if you dream. Minho purses his lips as he shifts slightly. Key starts to focus on his lips, those must be soft too. He slowly begins to lean in. He presses against Minho’s lips with his own, he knows he’s touched when Minho groans. He pulls away quickly so as not to get caught. Nothing, he thinks to himself. He wipes away the only tear that escaped his eyes. He crawls back onto the couch and nuzzles his face into Minho’s chest. He settles for his scent.  

 

 

 

Hi x3 Read the comments. They were amazing, like always. I heard chair and I made a new friend x) Anyways I read over the new stuff and it seems my story's becoming a bit too calm. I may have to shake things up. Thank you SashaHRH for being so nice :D you're much too kind. I probably won't be able to post again since I want to focus on writing rather than typing, but who knows. Maybe I'll get around to it. I love my regulars, but I sometimes wonder what my other subs think is going on in the story 0.o I understand if you don't want to comment I'm just really curious >.< That's about it... bye bye lovlies :D