Jonghyun Visits 12

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

“Do you remember what happened yesterday?” Jonghyun asks softly.

“No,” Kibum answers in a hoarse voice. He places a hand over his dry throat.

Jonghyun shifts in his seat, “I’d like to talk to you about your marriage.”

Key nods sitting up in his bed, “okay”

Jonghyun interlocks his fingers, “would you consider the relationship you had healthy?”

Key nods again, “yes.”

Jonghyun looks down at his hands, “did you two fight often?”

Kibum clears his throat, “we did fight, but what couple doesn’t argue? We always moved past it.”

“Did you?” Jonghyun challenges.

“Yes,” Key pulls his blankets over himself.

“So you never held any contempt for your husband?” Jonghyun questions.

“No, of course not, I loved my husband,” Kibum whimpers past his fading voice.

Jonghyun sighs, “You’re lying, Key. Tell me the truth.”

“I am,” he cries, “I loved my husband.”

Jonghyun rubs his index finger with his thumb, “tell me about the last argument you had.”

“I don’t remember it,” Key answers quickly.

Jonghyun places a finger against his temple, “lying isn’t going to help you. Would you rather I tell you what happened?”

“No,” Kibum groans, “I don’t remember.”

“Then allow me to refresh your memory,” Jonghyun straighten up in his seat. “You had just left the appointment—

“No!” Kibum cradles his head as he curls into himself.

Jonghyun begins to raise his voice, “if you don’t want me to tell it then you tell it to me, Key”

“No!” Key yelps, “I don’t want to.” Kibum begins to shiver, “I’m cold … I’m so cold.”

Jonghyun stands up, “no you’re not. You’re imagining it. Listen to me. You had left the appointment with your husband—

What is that?” Kibum shrieks. “Why is it here? I’m so cold! Why won’t it leave me alone?”

Jonghyun pulls Key out of bed and into the living room, “there’s nothing here, Key. Focus! You said you wanted answers! I’m giving them to you!”

Key grovels on the floor, “help me Jonghyun I’m scared.” He looks into his hand finding a mound of snow icing it. He wails terrified, “it’s everywhere! I’m so cold! Why won’t it go away?” Jonghyun stands over Kibum, watching him slowly become incased in snow. Key can only quiver in horror as his body is buried.

Kibum can here footsteps cutting through the snow. He wishes he could see, but can’t seem to open his eyes past the snow. Key can feel himself be lifted from his icy grave. He opens his eyes weakly.

The spook stares at him nervously, “are you all right?”

Kibum shuts his eyes, “how are you not freezing?”

Minho lifts the weakened Key, “why would I be cold?”

Key turns away from the spirit as he opens his eyes, “the sn—

Aside from the furniture and common household items the room was empty. There was no snow in sight.

Kibum clasps onto the shade’s chest, “I’m scared.”

Minho takes a seat on the couch with Key still in his arms, “I know.”

“I killed my husband,” Kibum whispers. The wraith’s grip tightens around Kibum’s body, “I did. I killed him.”

“Tell me what happened,” the double orders.

“We were under a lot of stress. We were working towards having a kid. As expensive as it was, we tried surrogacy. It didn’t work out … Everything seemed like it was going well, but it was a still birth. After that we tried adoption. We were rejected … multiple times. We decided to keep trying. Somewhere around that time my mother had gotten really sick. The doctors said she wouldn’t make it … I just couldn’t take it. We had just left the adoption agency. They told us some more eligible guardians had taken the child we had become so attached to. Minho … he was so optimistic. I don’t know how he did it. He just stayed so positive.

“We’ll find a new baby. We’ve done it before. We’ll get through this,” Minho places a hand on Key’s.

Kibum snaps his hand away, “even if we do they’ll never give us a child! Face it Minho! People don’t want to give a kid to a couple of faggots!”

Minho frowns, “don’t say that.”

“It’s true!” Key yells.

Minho swallows, “we can try another surrogate.”

Kibum scoffs as he turns his head away from Minho, “that’s too much money. We don’t have the money to be burning through surrogates.”

“Hey,” Minho calls, “don’t worry about money. I’ll take care of that.”

“Stop telling me not to worry! That’s all you every tell me! Can I just feel for a second! You’re always so busy being a ing robot I have to be the one that worries!” Key screams.

“Stop it,” Minho grimaces, “I tell you not to worry, because there’s no reason to worry about things like this. I know we’ll get past it. You just have to trust me.”

“Yeah, well,” Kibum covers his mouth, “I’m tired of trusting you. I’m tired of trying to have a ing baby. I’m tired of everything just ting on my life … I want a divorce.”

Minho turns to Key shocked.

Bam!

“It wasn’t the crash that killed him … He died much sooner. I could see it in his eyes … I killed him,” Kibum talks past the obstruction in his throat. 

 

 

Cookies! I was so happy with the response I got from the last chapter xD I seemed to have genuinely gotten some of you guys. DarkScene13, hey! :D It's been a while since I've seen you in the comments T^T  Thank you for reading Cocoalatte :D No Saina96! I really liked your ideas. Please don't be discouraged by the entries. I really want to hear all of your guys ideas. I love all the different theories. Please don't be shy. They make me really happy ^-^