Jonghyun Visits 5

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

Jonghyun carefully places the toy on the coffee table, “you seem more somber than usual.” Kibum purses his lips while handing Jonghyun his booklet. Jonghyun blinks at Key as he grabs the book, “oh no, are we not on speaking terms again?”

“You’re wearing glasses,” Key states.

Jonghyun clears his throat, “Yes my wife lost my contacts.” He opens the journal gradually, “I fear she may have done it on purpose. She seems to prefer me in glasses.”

Kibum sits down directly in front of the toy, “she’s right you do look nice.”

Jonghyun turns the page, “thank you. Do you favor the game I brought?”

Key turns to him, “aren’t you reading.”

Jonghyun’s eyes dart across the pages of the book, “I feel as though I’m fairly proficient at multi-tasking.”

Kibum picks up the toy, “it feels familiar.”

Jonghyun turns the page once more while glancing at Kibum, “that’s probably because that was a fairly popular game.” Key continues to study it quietly, leaving Jonghyun with the sole task of reading the journal. Jonghyun puts the book aside. He reaches into his pockets and drops two large piles of tiny plastic swords on the table.

 Kibum picks up a brightly colored sword, “I’m … confused.”

Jonghyun adjust his glasses, “the game is simple. Insert a sword into a slot. If the pirate pops out of the barrel you lose.”

Kibum looks at the barrel, “what pirate?”

Jonghyun pops on a figurine, “this one.”

Key nods, “who goes first?” Jonghyun smiles while gesturing for Kibum to go first. Key inserts a sword.

Jonghyun inserts another, “I wanted to ask you about your journal last week.”

Kibum inspects the barrel, “why didn’t you?”

Jonghyun twirls a tiny sword in his hand, “due to prior commitments I felt it would be best to put it on hold.”

Key rotates the barrel then slips in a sword, “right, well ask me now.”

Jonghyun inserts another sword with little fear, “you always mention the ghost as ‘my ghost’. As of late it’s become more frequent in your writing. Why are you so possessive of him?” Kibum shrugs while cautiously stabbing the barrel. Jonghyun quickly takes his turn, “is it possible you feel some sort of attachment to this ghost?”

Key pokes his lip with a sword timidly, “I don’t know, maybe. We have gotten pretty close.” Jonghyun looks away. Key takes a moment to half stab multiple places for future reference. Jonghyun turns back to Kibum, he places knitting supplies on the table top. Key blinks at Jonghyun before taking his turn, “what’s this?”

Jonghyun spreads out the colorful swords, “it’s for you. I thought I should get you more stuff to keep you busy.”

Kibum glares at Jonghyun, “I’m not an old lady.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widen in mock revelation, “are you sure? You certainly could have fooled me.” Key laughs while putting a sword in one of the already secured spots. Jonghyun looks at Kibum, finding his actions questionable. He begins to spin the barrel then inserts a sword bravely. Key is baffled, he’s no longer able to remember the spots he checked, I remember them being away from the rest of the swords so would seem less suspicious. Damn it. He inserts a sword. He yelps when the pirate pops out of the barrel into the air.

Jonghyun watches Kibum’s reaction carefully, “are you all right?”

Jinki

Key’s eyes flutter, bemused, “do you know anyone by the name Jinki?”

Jonghyun picks up the pirate, “Jinki? Hmm, doesn’t ring a bell.” Kibum knows how difficult it is to read Jonghyun, but he seems genuine.

Jonghyun inserts the pirate, “may I ask where you heard that name?”

Key notices his hand shaking when he reaches for a sword, “my dream. The one with Minho … I think he was talking to a man named Jinki.”

Jonghyun lightly places a hand on Key’s, “you’re shaking. Should we stop playing?”

Kibum shakes his head, “it’s not the game. It’s the name, once I remembered it I felt uneasy.”

Jonghyun sits up, “all the years I’ve known you and I’ve never heard that name, fascinating. Do you remember anything else?” Key shakes his head. Jonghyun touches his thumb and index finger to his chin, “you said the ghost is currently sleeping with you, correct?” Kibum nods, Jonghyun looks captivated by the response. “You said you felt in the dream?” Jonghyun examines. Key nods again making Jonghyun smile. Jonghyun walks away to put away some left over groceries.

“Jonghyun,” Key puts both of his hands on his lap, “why don’t I have any clocks?”

Jonghyun breaks away from his thoughts, “does time really matter in a place like this?”

“What if I need to know if its day or night?” Kibum questions.

Jonghyun stares intently at him, “you seem to know without it. I’ve seen your entries.”

Key shakes his head, “that’s not the point! What if I just want a clock?”

Jonghyun pushes his glasses up the ridge of his nose, “I can’t do that.”

“Why not?” Kibum shouts.

Jonghyun crosses his arms, “it would not be in your best interest.”

Kibum leers at Jonghyun, “how do you know what’s in my best interest?”

Jonghyun sighs while continuing to put away groceries, “I’ve known you long enough, that’s why.”

Key notices his journal, “my mp3 doesn’t show the time either.”

Jonghyun begins to fold bags, “you’ve become quite observant.” Jonghyun walks out of the kitchen, but stands by the counter instead of sitting back down.

“Don’t patronize me!” Kibum screams.

Jonghyun leans against the counter, “I’m not.”

Key stands up, “then tell me why I can’t have any clocks!”

Jonghyun crosses his legs, “I already told you why.”

Key continues to glare at Jonghyun, “No you didn’t! Cut the bull! How about you give me a straight ing answer for once! I’m tired of everyone keeping from me!”

Jonghyun is unmoved, “calm down.”

“Don’t tell me to ing calm down! I’ll calm down when you answer me!” Kibum stumbles back. Key wraps his arms around himself, “I feel cold.”

Jonghyun stops leaning on the counter, “no you don’t.”

Key begins to tremble, “why do I feel cold?” Jonghyun begins to walk briskly towards him. Kibum grimaces as he feels his lips drying.

Slap! Jonghyun slaps Key while grabbing a hold of both of his shoulders, “Key, you’re not cold.”

Kibum looks back at Jonghyun dazed, “I’m not?”

Jonghyun shakes his head, “you’re not. You want to know why?”

Key stops quivering, “why?”

Jonghyun’s expression softens, “because I’m not cold. Just breathe.” Kibum begins to take deep breaths. Jonghyun lets go of Key, “you’re doing very good. Let’s end here.”   

 

 

 

I was able to type up another chapter :3 Hope you guys like it. I'm sorry if there are any typoes. I'll probably look it over again and edit it out. I read the comments, they were interesting. Especially since you mentioned something that chair didn't even catch. I like when you guys notice the little hints I leave for you guys. I'd like to let you know you guys haven't caught all the clues x3 but I like that you haven't. It's like my little secret. They're insightful for future hints though, so stay vigilant.  

 

my reasons were good? lol. you asked me why i thought he was a demon and i said i dont know x) i still don't know what to think of minho honestly. i wouldn't really say demon per se. just non human since only key can see him and such, but i dont know. thats all i have captain T^T

alsooooo~ darlings! it makes me happy with how much you guys like the story. just like the captain, i enjoy reading your guys' comments and seeing what you guys think about what's going on ^^ - love chair~