Key Entry 11

I'm a Goner, Somebody Catch My Breath

I woke up to an empty house again. I don’t like how flaky this ghost is. What else does a ghost do? Is it haunting other people? Why am I so insecure when it comes to this ghost? I’m starting to hate people I don’t even know for being haunted by my ghost. Oh god, I really have gone crazy. I’m still curious to know what he does when he’s not here. I shouldn’t get so invested in this ghost. It could be dangerous. It’s also creepy that I feel this way about a ghost. I sometimes wonder who this ghost really is. I know it’s not Minho. It’s been too long. Minho wouldn’t have waited this long. Maybe it really is a demon. Should I be more cautious if that’s the case?

“How’s the story going,” a voice apparates behind Key making him squeal. Kibum dives forward as a reflex. “Why do you scream every time I talk,” the shade asks with curious eyes.

Key spins around trying to catch his breath, “I don’t always scream!” The visitants eyelids drop halfway, his expression now unconvinced. Key rolls his eye, “stop scaring me and I’ll stop screaming.”

The phantasm leans forward and sprawls onto his belly, “I think my presence alone terrifies you.”

Seeing the specter in such a comfortable position makes Key oddly calm, “it does.”

The phantom picks up his head to recline it against his hand, “should I just stop coming?” Kibum doesn’t reply, the apparition remains motionless; instead he patiently waits while watching Key carefully. “What’s the story about,” the spook changes the subject.

Kibum scoffs, “It’s not a story! I already told you it wasn’t!”

“Ohh yeah, I forgot,” the haunt laughs.

“I didn’t know ghosts forgot things,” Kibum pokes.

“I do,” the spirit sighs. The demon shifts, Key watches him carefully. The wraith moves in ways that make Kibum think he watched Minho well. The look-a-like pouts, “Can I read it?”

Key can see the double eyeing the booklet, “No.”

Minho’s twin scratches the tip of his nose, “Why did you start writing a journal?”

Kibum picks up the booklet, “a friend told me it would be good for me. It was really strange for me at first. I usually spoke my mind when I felt the need … but when Minho died I sort of locked myself away. I didn’t want to leave my house anymore. The last of Minho’s essence was in this house. My family and friends took all of it when I wouldn’t leave. They would visit, but I never talked much. After a while they stopped coming. Everyone was gone, but I kept my silence. I couldn’t take solace in my own home. Now I’m locked inside my mind.” Key stops, he feels a lump in his throat.

He ignores it, “Jonghyun only sometime visited and kept visiting. He’s an old friend. I don’t remember how we met anymore. He says it’s normal for someone who went through a traumatic experience. When I got quiet he kept talking. This journal is supposed to bring me out of my shell again.”

Minho lets his head lie flat against the ground, “so you just sit in this place without saying anything? How do you still know how to talk?”

Kibum can’t help laughing, “Like I said. Jonghyun still visits me. Sometimes he’s a bother.”

Minho rolls over, he peers up to keep looking at Key, “what’s it like forgetting things?”

Key purses his lips then shrugs, “For the most part I never really know when I forget stuff. The only things that bothered me when I forgot were things about Minho.”

Minho stops peering over, and instead focuses on the ceiling, “so it’s like blissful ignorance. You can’t be bothered by things you don’t recall.”

Key blinks rapidly for a second, surprised by the notion, “I guess, but I don’t always forget everything. With Minho I only forgot his image and scent. Knowing I could forget something that important is the worst kind of pain.”

Minho takes in a heavy breath, “I wish I could forget.” Minho’s somber tone is almost too notable. It makes Key wonder what would a ghost need to forget? Kibum’s eyes break away from Minho, he rubs his ring finger as he continues to ponder. “What happened to your ring?" Minho’s question makes Key focus once more.

“I’m not sure. I have a feeling it was taken away from me like everything else. I don’t remember what happened to it, but I can still feel it on my finger. It’s like my phantom limb, that ring was more a part of me then my memory. I sometimes don’t even catch myself trying to spin it.” Kibum looks at the floor, for some reason he feels ashamed. Key pokes at the laminated floorboards shyly, “what do you do when you’re not here with me?”

Key can’t see him, but he can hear him moving uncomfortably, “work mostly.”

Kibum laughs, “Ghosts work? What do you do? Scare old ladies and stack furniture?”

The haunt chuckles, his gaze now locked on Key, “my work isn’t that easy.”

 

 

Chair and I made a friend today :D I didn't even know you could make friends on here. I'm not even sure why anyone would want to be friends with us >.< Chair says it's cause we're cool. I'll take her word for it.