Chapter 9

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day...

At the shooting location, the first scene that they would be filming was at the beach where Shin Hye's character was going to meet her sister who was working at a restaurant that Min Ho's character happened to be at. 

Shin Hye's character was meant to be angry at the sight of her sister because her sister had taken off when their mom was still in the hospital due to an accident, leaving Shin Hye alone to take care of the hospital bills. As she did not have much to pay for the rent and bills, she wanted to move in with her sister so it will help to ease her burden a little. But her sister rejected her outrightly over the phone, and that made Shin Hye's character to pay her sister an uninvited visit at the workplace.

The sisters met and were arguing, with Shin Hye hoping to share the responsibilities together as she was already not earning enough. Yet again she was rejected and instead, her sister took away the money from the home deposit that was meant for their mother's hospital bill.

 

With Shin Hye's character now homeless and was left crying, Min Ho's character who was observing the commotion from afar, recognised her as his ex-schoolmate back in Korea.

Shin Hye who had immersed herself in her character cried so emotionally allowing her character to come alive and almost moved Min Ho who was meant to just be observing her, close to tears. At the director's instruction, even though Min Ho's sad eyes was not meant to be in the original script, the camera began closing up on him as the filming of Shin Hye's crying scene and himself were done simultaneously.

Min Ho's character then approached the crying ex-schoolmate of his to help her out when all of a sudden, she received a call from the hospital saying that her mother was in a critical condition and that the hope to stay alive is very slim.

After the scene was act out perfectly as the director had instructed, he called the cut, but it was difficult for Shin Hye to step out of her character as she continued to cry for a little while more. Min Ho who was concerned consoled her.

"You did great Shin Hye-sshi."

"Thank you." Shin Hye smiled with tears that were still visible in her eyes.

"When we went through the script yesterday, I did not expect it to turn this way.."

"Neither did I."

After the filming of the scene was over, they had to go to their next location. The hospital scene; where Min Ho's character helped Shin Hye's character out by driving her to the hospital to receive the bad news about her mother. Before filming commence, they ran through the script together to ensure that it was shot accordingly to the script and the director's wish.

Min Ho and Shin Hye managed to read through their lines for one last time. When filming began; there were some photographers from the tabloid capturing some behind the scenes photos too, bringing news back to Korea about the progress of the drama's filming.

Again, as the director called for the cut, it was taking a toll on Shin Hye as she fell deeper into her emotions. It definitely made it a lot harder for her since her real life though not similar, experienced about being without parents too. Especially, when the scene of her character's mother being cremated immediately and her ashes scattered into the sea because she did not have much money to prepare a wake, which made Shin Hye's tears to fall like waterfall. 

Behind the scene, Min Ho was taken aback looking at how much Shin Hye was crying. Since he recalled clearly for Shin Hye to have the ability to be able to hold back her tears even when she was scolded badly by her then manager. He was at lost for words but decided to just kept quiet to allow Shin Hye to calm herself down. 

They were then brought to the next location. The house that Min Ho's character is living in. The scene where Min Ho's character suggested for Shin Hye's to stay at his place since she was homeless and had just suffered from losing her mother. 

Even though they used to be schoolmates, their characters were not close to each other so it was still awkward for Shin Hye's character to be invited to his house.

As she was not able to pay for the rent, she decided to give away her beloved item. A dreamcatcher. A change was made by the writer-nim for the prop used. According to the original script, Shin Hye's character was just supposed to be giving the rest of her money that she had left over to Min Ho's character. Both Min Ho and Shin Hye were told by the production crew that a dreamcatcher would be used inste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter