Chapter 40

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day of press conference has finally arrived. With the connections that Manager Kim has, he made an arrangement for the various media to come. Min Ho and Shin Hye was nervous even though they initially thought that they will not feel that way. 

"Oppa~~ Do you think we can finish this safely?"

"Let's hope so.. At this moment, we can only hope for the best..."

"It's a bit weird since both of us are not much of a talker unless we are in our close circles.. Yet we are now taking on such a huge task like this press conference. What were we thinking Oppa?"

"Hahaha. No idea. We are both out of our mind I guess."

When the press conference finally started, questions came pouring in. They took their seats and the camera flashes were non-stop for about ten minutes and they had to keep their smiles on for the photos. Without an agency backing them up, there were no public relation representative to speak on behalf or screen through the questions. They have to do it all on their own. It was overwhelming for them but they were determined to go ahead with it. 

"Goof afternoon to all. I'm Park Shin Hye and thank you for coming."

"Good afternoon to all. It's been a long time, I am Lee Min Ho and thank you everyone for coming."

Reporter 1: Park Shin Hye-sshi... How do you feel after hearing what happened to the agency that you were signed to?

"I am saddened by the situation because I am close to the founder of the company and I treat him just like a father of mine. But it was also important to see that justice is being served rightly  to ensure the safety of everyone who wishes to have a career in the entertainment industry."

Reporter 2: Park Shin Hye-sshi... How do you think this issue will affect the entertainment industry?

"Well... It will definitely have an impact on the industry. But it can go either way. It can go down the negative route if this incident is used as an assumption on behalf of everyone who are involved in the industry that they practices illegal means to sustain and improve their businesses. It can also go down the positive way that since the shake up, it goes to show that our law enforcement are there to ensure that businesses are carried out properly and legally. In addition, parents with children who have dreams of being involved in the entertainment industry, to be more aware of what goes on behind the glitz and glamour in regards to the appropriate practices that the company should apply even if they are just trainees."

Reporter 3: Park Shin Hye-sshi... You are the infamous runaway bride when you left one of the most eligible bachelor in South Korea on the aisle. And then you were found involved in a car accident the next day with Lee Min Ho-sshi in the driver's seat. Care to explain what happened?

Shin Hye took a deep breath before she began to speak, "I apologise to Choi Siwon-sshi for what happened that day and I have not been able to meet up with him to personally apologise to him and his kind family. The decision was made based on the situation that I was in. I cannot and shall not furnish the details of the situation as I have already done so as a witness and I would like to move on with a positive mind. The reason why I was in the car accident with Lee Min Ho-sshi is because..."

Before Shin Hye could finish her sentence, Min Ho who had been observing her hands that was balled in a fist, finished the statement for her;

"Because we are in a relationship."

The revelation took the reporters by surprise. 

Reporter 3: So Park Shin Hye-sshi was in a relationship with two men at the same time?

"No. And I shall not comment on that further." Min Ho answered firmly.

Reporter 4: So how do you explain at the fact the you were found in an accident together the day after she became the runaway bride?

"I don't think there is a need for us to explain personal matters out in the open like this especially in regards to relationship. As Shin Hye-sshi has mentioned earlier, it was the situation that she was in that made her came to that decision."

Reporter 4: Are you saying she was one of the girls used in the dealings?

"No she was not."

Reporter 4: Then what reason could it be?

"We will not comment further on that and accept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter