Chapter 37

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The assailants fled the scene in their cars while Min Ho and Shin Hye remained trapped in the car. Just before they went unconscious, they managed to smile at each other as they closed their eyes shut with hands still holding on to each other.

 

A couple of hours later when the road that they were on began to have morning traffic, passerbys and motorists saw the scene of the accident. They stopped and ran towards the incident area. Even though they wanted to help, the condition of the car and the passengers was bad thus they dare not bring them out of the car. The police and the ambulance was called and both Min Ho and Shin Hye were wheeled into the ambulance on the stretcher. As blood were covering their faces, they were barely recognisable by the samaritans who came to help them. They were wheeled into the operating theatre as soon as they reached the Accident and Emergency Section of the hospital. The police immediately brought the case up and began their investigation. 

They took the items found in the car as evidences and began to put the pieces together. As they took Shin Hye's phone apart,  they began to discover the conversation Shin Hye had with CEO Yang. They called the national prosecutors in to clarify with them regarding CEO Yang's activities. The prosecutors have been investigating on his entertainment agency when it managed to get listed into the Korean Stock Exchange after a big slump in business within a short period of time. In the meantime, the police contacted Manager Kim, the Ahjusshi and the Ahjumma. Even Manager Kim's parents wanted to come along as well. They were shocked when they heard of the news from the police about what had happened. The police officers collected the statements from them as they hope that it could be used as evidences for the prosecutors. 

Meanwhile in the hospital, Min Ho and Shin Hye were still in the operating theatre room undergoing emergency surgery. As they had lost a lot of blood, the surgey took longer than expected with them having to undergo blood tranfusion every now and then, in order to stabilize their condition. After spending close to nine hours in the surgery room, they were finally wheeled to the ICU. 

Since the case was brought up to the prosecutors, the police has classified the case under a special category due to the possibility of Shin Hye and Min Ho being integral witnesses to the case. Arrangements were made for police officers to be guarding their wards respectively and that visitation to be made restricted. As Shin Hye had listed the list of emergency contact persons as Manager Kim and her parents in her official documents, they were allowed to visit often. While Min Ho's emergency contact person remains as Manager Kim too.

The elders and Manager Kim were saddened over the lover's fate when they finally reached the hospital.

"They love and cared for each other so much... Why do they have to go through this?" The Ahjumma said as she shed tears after looking at the condition Min Ho and Shin Hye was in. 

The Ahjusshi who was affected too but tried to hide it away consoled his wife, "They seem to me to be fated lovers but they just met at the wrong time and became a victim of their own love instead...." 

Even Manager Kim cannot deny what the Ahjusshi had just said. Manager Kim who knew the both of them well and who also managed to see the difference in both Shin Hye and Min Ho when they were dating each other could tell that they were a match made in heaven and that it was a beautiful scene to witness.

Unknown to everyone in the room, Min Ho and Shin Hye were undergoing an out of body experience in their state of unconsciousness. Their souls met when the both of them walked towards the blinding white light that appeared in front of them after they were left in the darkness for so long. When they finally saw each other,

"Oppa~ Min Ho Oppa?"

"Is that you Shin Hye?"

"Neh Oppa..."

They ran towards each other to give each other a hug but in the state that they were in, they were intagible to each other. They could not even touch and as much as they tried, they would simply go through each other's souls. Though they were happy to be in each other's company after the horrifying accident, not being able to hold each other became another obstacle for them. 

Shin Hye cried as she was only able to look at Min Ho who was standing in front of her. 

"Shin Hye ya~~ Don't cry... At least we're together."

"But Oppa... This not the way I want it to be... "

"Neither do I... But.. who knows if we are patient, we would be able to do so..."

"How is it possible? Look around? There's nothing here..." 

It was indeed bare. There was nothing else except the two of them in a white space. 

"True... But there is still you... I'm happy as long as there is you.. So don't be disappointed Shin Hye ya..."

"Arasso Min Ho Oppa...."

They wandered around the place as they walked side by side to each other. When Min Ho suddenly stretched his hands out.

"Wae Oppa?"

"Even if we can't hold each other, we can pretend that we are, just by stretching our hands out.. When we love we feel. Isn't that how we managed to maintain our long distance relationship? For me it was that, that kept me going..."

Shin Hye smiled at Min Ho as she stretched out her hands too as they continued to walk around the place with no defined area. 

"Min Ho Oppa... Do you think we are in heaven?"

"Hmmm.. I don't think so... If we are.. I think parad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter