Chapter 24

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye who just got back home finally, parked her car and tried to make her way into the house as quietly as she could. But Min Ho had been waiting for her all night long at the verandah of the house that was housing their rooms. As Min Ho was waiting in the dark and it was pitch black because the night lamps were switched off, she did not realise that Min Ho was sitting right at the entrance. And the moment she took a step forward, she tripped over him, ending up with her sitting on his lap. Min Ho who had fallen alseep sitting down while waiting for her got a rude shock by the sudden impact. But it was too painful for him to even let a sound out.

"Accckkk~~!! What are you doing here and not in your room?" Shin Hye who just realised that she had tripped over Min Ho and quickly stood up away from Min Ho's lap.

"Ahhh~~ My thighs..." Min Ho finally could express the very fact that he was in total pain. 

"Mianhae Min Ho-sshi... I did not mean to hurt you.."

Shin Hye helped him up and supported him towards his room as she switched on the light. The sudden impact on him caused his thigh to burn in redness.

"Min Ho-sshi... You wait here while I get the ointment for you.."

Shin Hye walked to her room in a fast pace to get the first aid box and took out the ointment and applied it on Min Ho. 

"Jinjja mianhae Min Ho-sshi..." Shin Hye said to express her sincere apologies before she continued,

"Please don't do that again..."

By this time, Min Ho spoke;

"Shin Hye-sshi..."

"Yes? What is it Min Ho-sshi?"

"Let's date... Shall we?"

"Mwo?! Am I hearing things?"

"No.. You are not... I am serious."

"Why all of the sudden?"

"I don't want you to go dating a psychopath... I'm sorry that I entered your room and read the notebook by your bedside..."

"What did you do again? You entered my what? My room?"

"Yes... I am sorry. I was concern about you because I've seen you in tears many times... I didn't like seeing you sad... So allow me to make you happy.. May I?"

Shin Hye let out a heavy sigh.

"Are you disappointed in me for reading that notebook..?" Min Ho asked her again trying to figure her out.

"Don't you recall anything about the notebook?"

"Nope.. Should I? Because from the way he writes, all I know is that those words are written by a guy who was not sane... If he was sane he won't write those stuff and hurt you too..."

Indeed even after reading the notes Min Ho could not recall any moments of him writing those notes, even though it stirred his heart, he was more concern about Shin Hye's well-being instead.

So I guess even if he reads the notes it won't be able to trigger his memories.. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Min Ho-sshi...."

"Wae? Do you need more time to think?"

"What makes you think that I am interested in you?"

"Aren't you? We even kissed..."

"So, Min Ho-sshi, just because we kissed it means I'm interested in you?"

"Don't lie Shin Hye-sshi... Your eyes tells me another story..."

Gosh... Since when you've become so smart? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"You must be thinking how I know that you're lying isn't it?" 

"It's exhausting to have a conversation with a smart aleck.."

"I'm not trying to be a smart aleck... I'm being sincere..."

"I don't believe you.."

"I'm sorry if I come off a bit rough on the edges but I have never felt this way for a girl before. It's just that with you.. I feel different for whatever reason that I don't even know of. And I know I am currently jobless too. So I may not appear all attractive to you."

"You sure you've never felt this way before?"

"Huh? You are more concern about whether I've felt this way before than my jobless status? But yeah.. If you don't believe me... You can go ahead and ask Manager Kim."

This time around he's asking the same thing as he did in LA but... It's different. It doesn't seem like he's forcing. He definitely asked if I needed time to think. Is he for real? But what if I tell him, I have to go back to Seoul? What will happened then? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"I don't think there's a need to ask him..."

"So you agree?"

"Nope... But I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I will soon have to begin my activities in Seoul. And will only be back here during the weekends... or whenever I have no schedules for the day... Would it be okay for you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter