Chapter 14

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year ago....

Somewhere living in seclusion in Seoul, Min Ho was living like a mad man as he kept himself locked after Kim Eun Sook told him the reason he was experiencing the unexplainable feelings he had been going through every time he sees Shin Hye.

 

Flashback

In Kim Eun Sook's personal office after filming ends...

"What is it Min Ho? Anything that I can help you with?"

"Writer-nim, I was told you are the one that chose the dreamcatcher as the prop."

"Yes. And?"

"Ever since I came in contact with that I felt strange about myself, my feelings especially when I see Shin Hye.. Am I imagining things?"

"Why should I answer that question?"

"Because you chose it.. I don't know who else to ask..."

"Since you already felt it I guess I shall finally reveal it to you to fully release myself from the curse."

"Huh? Curse?"

"Yes. Curse."

"I don't get it..."

"Two hundred years ago, Choi Jin Hee, a playwriter. A struggling playwriter met Lee Han Byul. An actress that had struggled a lot before she became popular. She was talented. Very beautiful and very kind too. When she knew of Jin Hee's struggles, she became a friend who emphatised with Jin Hee. So she decided to feature in Jin Hee's play to help her achieve success. Which Jin Hee managed to do. But she became greedy. Jin Hee wanted to put up a bigger play. She was ambitious. But she lack the fund. That was when Park Byung Hyun, a wealthy man offered to provide Jin Hee the funds on one condition. That he would be able to meet Lee Han Byul in person and in private, in one of his many houses. Jin Hee told Han Byul about it and being a nice friend she is thinking that it was just dinner, she went to meet him. But Park Byung Hyun had other plans, he enticed Han Byul through the use of a dreamcatcher telling her that only sweet dreams will come after, as he drugged her food and her. As a friend of Han Byul, Jin Hee was afraid of the repercussion from a wealthy man and she did not help her when she was publicly humiliated by Byung Hyun after she told him that she was pregnant. Byung Hyun did not love her at all. He only wanted to use her so he told everyone that she was just a courtesan who wanted to tarnish his reputation and only seeking for instant cash. She went away into seclusion and had given birth before she drove herself to depression and commited suicide."

"Huh? Why are you telling me all this? Who is Lee Han Byul? And who is Park Byung Hyun?"

"Lee Han Byul is your ancestor who has put a curse on Jin Hee and Park Byung Hyun's lineage."

"What curse?"

"That a female lineage who aspires to be an actress that shares the same family background and hardship as Han Byul did, from Park Byung Hyun will suffer at the hands of Lee Han Byul's male lineage. And once Jin Hee found the perfect pair, she is to write that blockbuster play which drove her greed to the extent of selling her friend away."

"So you saying that the inclusion of the dreamcatcher is based on that play that never h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter