Chapter 18

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Min Ho got curious about what Shin Hye did back in the room. He tossed and turn in the bed that he was lying in. He could not sleep at the image of Shin Hye that he had witnessed earlier. He sat up on the bed as he thought to himself;

Will it be too much if I go over to her room at this moment? - Min Ho's thoughts. 

But his heart got the better of him. He stepped out of his room and he went towards Shin Hye's room that was opposite of his.

*knock knock*

There was no response from Shin Hye. Min Ho tried knocking on the door again. Shin Hye who was still wide awake was deliberating whether she should open the door or not. But the knocking from Min Ho did not stop. This time around Min Ho even spoke;

"Ya~ Shin Hye-sshi... I know you are not asleep yet..."

Shin Hye uncovered herself from under the blanket, the lights before she opened the door. Shin Hye pretended to yawn and did a light stretch in front of Min Ho;

"*Yawn* Yeah? What is it Min Ho-sshi? I'm tired..."

"Ya right~~ After running out of my room like that.. I doubt you're sleepy..."

"Huh?! But I am sleepy~"

"How can a girl enter a guy's room like that?"

"Are you sure you are not seeing things?"

"I'm not blind Shin Hye-sshi.."

"Fine fine... How can I help you?"

"I can't sleep now..."

"But it's 4 a.m. now..."

"Well.. You are the one who woke me up..."

"Aish~~ Then I'm sorry.. But I can't help you.."

"You can..."

"How?"

"Let's go for a walk..."

"Huh? You're not having a fever are you?" Shin Hye said as she touched Min Ho's forehead.

"Ya... Do you know how expensive my body is? Every part of me can be endorsed... Why are you taking all of your chance to touch me? Just now the cheek and now my forehead...?" Min Ho said as he held on Shin Hye's wrist to stop her, causing Shin Hye to bite her lips due to the pain his touch exerted on her already bruised wrist. 

Min Ho pushed up the sleeve of Shin Hye's hoodie to see the bruise that he had seen earlier at the hospital. 

"I'm sorry." Min Ho apologise to Shin Hye as he felt sorry for her.

"Ani.. It's okay.. You said you wanna walk right? Let's go?" Shin Hye suggested to get out of the awkward moment. 

Shin Hye grabbed a torchlight along as well as her mobile phone before they head out together to take a walk. The cool air that was blowing in their direction as they take a walk in the countryside was definitely different from the city air that they have been breathing in all this while and it made them feel good inside. 

They walked side by side each other with a matching pace accompanied by sounds of crickets to break up the stillness of the early morning. 

"This feels real good... Don't you think?" Min Ho suddenly blurt out a question intrerrupting Shin Hye's happy thoughts.

"Yeah.. It definitely is.. Different from Seoul..."

"I don't remember going for walks like this ever... Do you always do this?"

"Do what?"

"Having walks early in the morning like this..."

"I did whenever I am here... "

"Whatever for?"

"Whenever I miss someone.."

"Who? Your boyfriend?"

"I don't know if he is really a boyfriend.. But I know I do like him..."

"Is he the one that hurt your wrists like that? If he is.. You shouldn't even get near him, much less be with him..."

"I shouldn't uh?"

"Yup you shouldn't... No man should treat a lady like that ever.. Plus you are pretty.. I'm sure there's plenty of guys out there waiting for you.."

"Jinjja? Like who?"

"What's your style like?"

"Wae? You have someone to introduce to me?"

"Who knows... My connection is quite wide.."

"Hmmm... " Shin Hye pondered for awhile making Min Ho anxious.

"Wae? Too difficult to answer? That's why you went 'Hmmm...'?"

"Ani... Not exactly... But before I continue lets take a seat alright?" Shin Hye suggested as they sat on the sandy beach with the sounds of the waves accompanying their morning.

"So? Continue.."

"You are still at it uh..."

"Well... You said to take a seat first and we did.. So now back to what you were saying earlier?"

"Fine~~ You are one persistent guy... (just like I remembered~ - Shin Hye thoughts) Well... I like a tall guy... Hmmm a gentleman... Beautiful eyes, beautiful smile with tanned skin... Makes it very manly ya know..."

"Hmmm that sounds like me.."

"Hahahaha~~ Really you think so?" (It is you... - Shin Hye thoughts)

"Yup.... But how about personality wise then? Elaborate more on being a gentleman."

"Hmmmm... More than a gentleman that open the door for me... Or pay for dinner, I need someone to love me for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter