Chapter 28

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye got in her car and turned her music player up. She was feeling satisfied after letting it all out from her stuffy chest due to her pent up frustrations. 

As much as he tried to be nice to me... He definitely did not get my heart stirred at all. Somehow I've never been attracted by a man like that... Flaunting what he has in that manner... He did not even say thank you when the waitress or waiters was serving him his food. Is it that difficult for a person like him to do? And seriously, using Yang Sajangnim to set up this dinner? Oh my goodness.. He has no idea the sh*t I had to go through because of Yang Sajangnim... If he really is interested in me like he said he had for the past three years... He would have done more research instead of just relying on the programs that I went on... What a load of Bull. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

 

Meanwhile Siwon who was driving back to his own house, had the words that Shin Hye had told him just before she walked away lingered in his mind. As his house was within the Gangnam area, he reached home within minutes in his luxurious sports car. As he entered the house;

"Siwon.." His father Mr. Choi called out for him.

"Neh Ahboeji... Where's Omma?"

"Your Omma went to the bathroom... Come have a seat first..."

Just then, his mother walked in as well. His parent's knew that he went to meet Shin Hye for dinner. Siwon had indeed informed his parents about his intention of making Shin Hye his wife and that he would be pursuing her. He had to inform his parents because of his status and his choice will affect how the public would view his family and the company. 

The reason why his parents agreed to his choice because they saw Shin Hye as someone that would be able to appeal to anyone irregardless of their status because there was once when Siwon's parents participated in a charity work after his father had retired, at a home for the elders and Shin Hye was there too as a volunteer. As Siwon's parents dressed down when they carried out the charity work, Shin Hye interacted with them as per normal just as she did with the others and the volunteers. That day Shin Hye had left early because of a schedule since she always volunteers her time in between her schedules as long as it is 4 hours apart from each other and also depending on her location, so they did not manage to have the opportunity to extend their conversation they had with her. Mr. and Mrs. Choi enjoyed talking to her because Shin Hye was able talk about issues concerning societies that impresses them and indeed the fact that she also cooked that day for everyone made a huge impression on Mr. and Mrs. Choi, as it was coming from a young lady like Shin Hye. So when they asked the person in charge who Shin Hye was after she had left, they were told that she is an actress and from then on they had been her silent fans. Supporting her through the charity organisations that she supports since they had seen her in action before, they trusted her. So when Siwon told his parents that he saw a beautiful actress on the day that he signed the contract, his parents were curious. He showed them Shin Hye's picture and they immediately recognized Shin Hye from the photo and gave Siwon their blessings.

"So how was the dinner?"

"I think it went ok?"

"Jinjja? She agreed to go on a date with you again?"

"Nope... Not yet... But she left me with words that made me think even till now..."

"What kind of words?"

Siwon repeated the exact words Shin Hye had relayed to him earlier to his parents.  

"It is definitely her." Mr. Choi remarked after Siwon was done relaying what Shin Hye said.

"What do you mean it is definitely her Ahboeji?"

"We met her before at one of the charity organisation we volunteered at." His parents told him for the first time.

"Is that for real? And was she nice to you and Omma?"

"Yes... Of course she was... If she wasn't do you think we will give you our blessings?"

"But it definitely seems that she does not have a good impression of me..."

"Wae? Why do you think so Siwon ah?"

"I don't know why either... She was quite a spit fire when she spoke to me. I know that she would be hard to get but I didn't know it would be this hard though..."

"Hahahaha. Aigoo~~ My son... Giving up already?" said Mrs. Choi who emphatised with her son.

"Ani..."

"Isn't it good that she is difficult? It just goes to show she is sure of who she is... Good women are always difficult. But once they love you... You can be assured that they will stand by you through thick and thin... And you son, need a woman like that in your life... Because in business there's always ups and downs."

"Arasso Ahboeji.. Komawo Omma... Komawo Ahboeji... I'll go to my room first."

"Neh... Don't think so much... Maybe you also need to think who to impress since she had wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter