Chapter 16

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Shin Hye sat in the cab, she held onto the envelope that contained the letter that Min Ho had written for but was never given to her. She was deliberating whether to open it or not. Whether she would be able to accept whatever he wanted to say to her.

Was there a reason why he did not want this letter to be sent to me at the end? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

There were so many questions that were left unanswered. Curiosity got the best of her and she opened the envelope. In the background, the cab driver had the radio on. 

Shin Hye read the letter as tears began to well up as soon as she finished the first sentence of what Min Ho had written for her.

Dearest Shin Hye,

I've been missing you for the past three years and will only be missing you yet again. I guess in this life, we are only meant to miss each other. I am sorry if I have been upsetting you. I'm sure there are times when I'm not like myself. For that I am sorry. Never once did I think of hurting you. But I am very sure I have. I am really sorry once again. By the time you read this... Most probably I'm gone.. But the selfish side of me is hoping that you would at least remember me even if it was for awhile. I may not be the funniest, the most gentleman, the most cool but I hope for a moment I did make you feel happy. Genuinely happy. Because you did. You make me happy just by looking at you. In your memory, I hope you won't treat me coldly, just as you did when we first met in 2009. Do eat alright? There's no need for you to diet at all. *grins* I am sorry I did not treat you better even if I wish I could. I wish you all the best Shin Hye because you deserve the best even when others tell you otherwise. Show to everyone the qualities that I was able to witness for myself that it remain stucked in my head for three long years. I'm sure it is your time to shine Shin Hye.... And Shin Hye... I hope you are able to meet a man that will care for you and will be able to love you sincerely and honestly without any worries... Someone that can make you feel genuinely happy for a long long time... I wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart... 

Lotsa Love

Min Ho

Shin Hye was in tears by then. The teardrops had smudged the last few words of the letter before she raised it and placed it close to her heart. The words written, the events that had happened earlier and the fact that Min Ho woke up not remembering her had become too much for Shin Hye to bear all at once. As she began to sob in the cab,

"Agasshi... Are you alright..?"

"Neh... I'm fine..."

"We'll be reaching soon ok..."

"Neh... Kamsahamnida Ahjusshi..."

The cab driver drove as efficiently as he could and true to his words, Shin Hye reached Min Ho's apartment not long after she broke down in the cab. She had brought along his keys with her before they left on the ambulance earlier. 

She unlocked the door and took a step into his apartment. She went to the room that had overwhelmed her earlier with a different thoughts this time after she had read Min Ho's letter for her in the cab. She took a deep breath before turning the door knob to the room. 

She the lights in the room as the room was darkened by the long thick curtains. As if it was an art piece dedicated to Shin Hye, the wall was filled with her photos like a huge collage, like a tribute to Shin Hye as an artist. Shin Hye did not know how to react but she did see some corners of the wall that had indentations and it made her recall Min Ho's bruised knuckles. There were stains of dried up blood too. 

Just what happened to you Min Ho Oppa~~~ - Shin Hye's thoughts. 

She walked further into the room as she saw stacked of papers. Some were torn and some were not. But there was 2 pieces of paper that caught Shin Hye's eyes immediately because it was held in place by the glassed ashtray that was not emptied. She pushed aside the ashtray and lifted the 2 pieces of paper.  She read the first one, the date that was written on it caught her eyes. It was written recently and it was short.

Oh God~~ I've did something wrong... I woke up today... I saw Shin Hye was in an undressed state in my arms... I could not remember what I did but... I'm sure it's something that I should not be doing. But I can't help these feelings that I have no control of.. That is eating me up alive... I'm sorry Shin Hye ya~~ I am sorry... I'm truly sorry Shin Hye ya~~ I wanted to show you the best sides of me... But I have failed... Really sorry...

Shin Hye was crying as she read the next one. Again the date caught her eyes. It was definitely the date after the scene with Woo Bin. The flashback scene in school when Min Ho got jealous over Woo Bin touching Shin Hye's hand.

I tried to beat out the out of myself.. But this bloody curse is trying to get the better of me..  I have no other choice but to declare war on myself. I thought you would stay still. But everytime you see Shin Hye, you take control over me as a whole. How dare you made use of me to make Shin Hye cry like that?! You are messing with the wron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter