Chapter 23

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yang Ahboenim... Is this all planned?" Shin Hye sudden outburst of a question took Yang Senior by surprise.

"Huh?! What do you mean Shin Hye?"

"Why is he here then?" Shin Hye replied as she look over at a certain direction as her eyes followed every single step the person took.

Yang Senior turned around to look in the way Shin Hye's eyes was looking at.

"What are you doing here?" Yang Senior asked as he saw who it was.

"I'm here to make a proposal for Shin Hye-sshi, if you don't mind Ahboeji. It's just business."

CEO Yang who had been trying to get Shin Hye to join his agency ever since she made it big failed to sign her to his agency. She has been continuously rejecting his offer and had no intention of ever going back to the agency anymore ever since her bad experience with her ex-manager and the current boss; but what CEO Yang say next would put Shin Hye in a spot that she could not reject right away like she always had been doing.

"I thought I told you I don't wish to join your agency... It's history isn't it?" Shin Hye stated it clearly for CEO Yang before turning to face Yang Senior;

"Mianhamnida Yang Ahboenim but I'm making a move now. We shall meet next time."

"Are you sure you want to leave just like that?" CEO Yang interrupted Shin Hye.

"Yes... I have every right to walk away since I am no longer an artist that is managed by your company."

"Oh fine then... How is Lee Min Ho doing anyway?"

Shin Hye stopped in her tracks and she could not believe what she had just heard. 

"Do you want the public to know all about it?" CEO Yang continued to torment her.

Shin Hye turned around and walked back towards the table as she looked at Yang Senior.

"Did you tell him about this Yang Ahboenim?" She asked with sense of disappointment in her eyes.

"Ahboeji did not tell me.. But I overheard your conversation yesterday..." CEO Yang answered Shin Hye on behalf of his father who has no idea that he had heard of the conversation between his father and Shin Hye. 

"So, what is it that you want from me?"

"You know very well that I want you in my agency... So... If you sign with us... News about Min Ho will never be publicize."

"How can I even trust your words?"

"Well I will state in the contract as one of the clauses. Clearly just for you."

Shin Hye went silent.

"You sure you still want to consider your decision since breaking the news into the media isn't that difficult you know... Imagine the headlines saying, Lee Min Ho who had gone missing for the past year has been found by Park Shin Hye but was not reported... What a huge sensation it will cause right? Not only yourself... But he will be dragged down too." CEO Yang said with a hint of a threatening voice towards the of the sentence with a cynical smile on his face.

Never in Shin Hye's life has she ever felt the fear that she was feeling at that point of time. Never would she have imagined that her worst nightmare would come true in this manner. She thought that at least if Min Ho is able to recall what had happened, there's a higher chance for Min Ho to be able to explain himself and also to be aware of whatever decisions that he would be making. But since he has not recovered she was in a dilemma. 

"Fine... When can you prepare the contract?"

"As soon as possible. I will contact you when the contract is done. Within this week definitely. You just have to wait for the call and prepare to sign."

"Alright... Then... But I have my conditions..."

"Hahaha. Shin Hye-sshi.. Am I hearing things? You still wanna put in conditions when you are the one who needs me to shut my mouth?"

"I know a little about how's the company is doing now since your new groups are not making as much... So... I think if you can consider my conditions it will make the life better for the both of us right?"

"Fine... fine.. What are the conditions..? State it clearly."

"Firstly... I need to have at least two rest days in a week... Secondly.. I choose my own manager... And thirdly if you ever touch or go near Min Ho... I won't hesitate to hurt you... Arasso?" 

"That can be worked out certainly..."

"Fine.. I'll make a move now..."

"Mianhae Shin Hye.. Please forgive me." Yang Senior with regrets as he could have taken better care when he was on the phone with Shin Hye last night. Even though he was in his study at his house in Seoul, he did not realised his son was standing outside all along listening to his conversation. 

"It's okay... It's done anyway.. I'll make a move

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter