Chapter 20

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As he reached towards the bathroom door, it was slightly ajar and without thinking, he pushed the door open only to reveal Shin Hye who was shampooing her hair in all her glory! As Shin Hye had turned off the water while shampooing, Min Ho did not hear much of a sound thus he thought it was vacant. 

"Ommo! Mianhae!"

"Ya~~ You want to die?! You live long enough already?!"

"But... But.. But it was not latched. I did not mean to..." Min Ho manage to stutter out the words to explain his innocence.

Shin Hye thought that she had latched it properly but apparently that was not the case, it had come undone without her realising. Shin Hye quickly grabbed her towel and wrapped around her body.

"And you are still standing here?!" Shin Hye who was shocked, embarrassed and furious all at once asked Min Ho who was still standing rooted on the bathroom floor because he could not believe what he was seeing. 

Even if I die today.. I die a happy man~~ - Min Ho's thoughts.

Shin Hye's sudden question snapped him out of his awe for Shin Hye. 

"Mianhae Shin Hye-sshi... I'll go out now.." 

Min Ho waited outside for his turn and sat outside. He decided to keep a lookout while Shin Hye was checking multiple times that she had latched the door properly. 

When Shin Hye was done and put on her clothes, she exited the bathroom and Min Ho stood up right away. With a towel wrapped around her head, she said;

"Min Ho-sshi... Let me help you with your shower..."

"Mwo?! You helping me to shower?" Min Ho said with his eyes wide opened looking at his own body before he looked at Shin Hye again.

"Ya ya~~ Min Ho-sshi... You better not have weird thoughts arasso?"

"How would I know... You were taking advantage of me last night..." Min Ho said as he covered his body with his arms.

Shin Hye looked at Min Ho with a I-can't-believe-I'm-hearing-this! expression as she let out a deep breath before continuing to speak;

"Min Ho-sshi... Don't think in that manner... Actually.. I have my reason and it is a valid reason you know~"

"What could the possible and valid reason be? That you fancy me?"

"Ani..."

"Then?"

"That you hurt your back recently... The wounds.. I think they are not completely healed.. So.... Let me help you with your back first.."

"Me? Wounds? My back?" Min Ho who had not realised of his wounded back due to it being securely covered while he was still in the operating theatre  to prevent his own perspiration or water to hurt his back.

"Yes.."

"How did you know?"

"I saw it before... I even witnessed the incident.. If you don't believe me... You can look in the mirror..."

Shin Hye took him to the mirror in the bathroom to let him take a look at his own back. Without even asking Min Ho for permission, she lifted up his t-shirt that he had on to reveal his back to him. Min Ho turned around to look at the reflection of his back through the mirror. It shocked him and silenced him as well.

"So.. Can I help you now?" Shin Hye asked Min Ho who had his eyes looking down on the floor in silence.

Min Ho was all awkward but he just followed Shin Hye's request. Shin Hye exited the bathroom first, allowing him sometime alone before he undressed and left his boxers on. Shin Hye who was wating outside the bathroom anxiously finally knocked on the bathroom door.

 

*knock knock*

"Are you okay in there? Can I come in?"

"Neh..."

Shin Hye got a small stool for him and her to sit on. She removed the dressing that was keeping the wounds from being infected. As slowly as she could to reduce the pain, it was also slowly hurting her vulnerable heart, especially when it comes to Min Ho. She took a small towel and placed it in the bucket full of water before wringing it and carefully clean the wounds on his back. It was still raw and open especially the deep cuts. Shin Hye was getting more emotional and she accidentally let out a sob but quickly silenced herself by covering . However, Min Ho was quick to notice that Shin Hye was crying by the sound she made.

"Errr.... Shin Hye-sshi.. Are you alright?" Min Ho asked her cautiously.

"Neh... I am.." She spoke in between silent sobs.

"Can I ask?"

"What is it Min Ho-sshi?"

"How did I get these wounds and how come you were there to witness it all? Were we in some sort of a relationship?"

Min Ho's direct questions took Shin Hye by surprised and it evoked so much feelings out of her as she recalled the exact scene that occured that night.

"You fell... Flat back on the glassed coffee table...." Shin Hye managed to say before she could not continue any longer. 

"Mianhae Min Ho-sshi.. I think I'll just help you later with the wound dressing whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter