Chapter 27

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye entered the restaurant not even attempting to dress herself up as she paired a hoodie and jeans with a pair of very comfortable sneakers. She even had a cap and shades on to complete her outfit. She did not want to dress up even if she could firstly because she did not want to invite unneccesary trouble by wearing clothes that may invite leery eyes and secondly to show her displeasure of having to be called for dinner in this manner with CEO Yang using Min Ho to make her attend it. Shin Hye thought that it would be a dinner attended by many but instead it was a private dinner. She saw CEO Yang seated down at one of the tables that was away from the public eyes. It was indeed a posh restaurant that Shin Hye do not even think of going as she would rather choose to eat ramyun at home.

Shin Hye was stopped at the door by the waiter when she entered the restaurant;

"How can I help you ma'am?"

"I have someone waiting.. Over there..."

Due to the way she was dressing, the waiter told Shin Hye to wait as he checked with CEO Yang. After he was given the all clear by CEO Yang, the waiter allowed Shin Hye to enter. 

As soon as she sat down;

"Why are you dressed in this manner?" 

"Why not? It's just dinner."

"Don't you know it's a posh restaurant you are coming to?" CEO Yang who clearly disapprove of the outfit she had chosen to put on for the dinner.

"I don't know.." Shin Hye lied before she continued, "So now what? Should I go home?"

"Argh~ Forget it... Don't bother... He is already waiting inside..."

"Huh? He? Inside? Who?"

"He is one of our major shareholder in our company. He is definitely a very successful businessman even at such a young age and he had requested to meet you. So... Be nice to him."

"I'm not some kind of a e you can use as part of the dealing..."

"Who says you are one? It's just a dinner."

"Then why must I go and meet him alone?"

"Because if you are not nice to him, I would ensure that news about Min Ho will be all over the media and I will make sure you regret your decision to walk away."

Shin Hye who was not willing to sacrifice what she had with Min Ho for the past three years decided to meet up with the shareholder.

If CEO Yang is a sh*thead... Maybe just maybe the shareholder won't be one... I'll try my luck then. - Shin Hye's thoughts. 

She was led towards the room by the waiter who had stopped her earlier and the waiter was definitely giving her dirty looks as he could not even recognized that it was Shin Hye as she had her outfit that was completely disguising her star status. The waiter then opened the door to reveal the shareholder that CEO Yang had mentioned to her earlier. 

"Hi Park Shin Hye-sshi... How have you been?" The shareholder asked as he extended his hand out for a handshake. 

"I'm fine thank you." Shin Hye replied with a bow denying a handshake. 

"Have a seat... I hope you don't mind.. I've already placed the order earlier..."

You've already placed the order.. and you asked me if I mind or not? Why even bother asking? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

Shin Hye was prepared not to put on her best behaviour so that there would not be a repeat of this dinner meet. But she was also careful as she wanted to keep Min Ho from getting into trouble with the merciless CEO Yang.

The food finally arrived and they began to tuck in with Shin Hye eating just out of courtesy and to make sure that she gets out of the restaurant within the shortest amount of time.

"I haven't introduce myself have I?" The shareholder asked trying to start a proper conversation with Shin Hye.

"I don't remember. If you want to go ahead." Shin Hye replied stoicly.

"As expected that you are definitely fiesty... But I don't mind at all."

"By the way my name is Choi Siwon."

"Oh okay." She replied in the most monotonous manner she could possibly be capable of.

"Didn't Yang sajangnim mentioned anything to you about me?"

"That you are a major shareholder of our company and that I should be nice to you? Yes he did if you are referring to that."

"And do you think you are being nice to me now?"

"The fact that I have not grabbed the glass of water and splashed it on your what the public would consider a handsome face, I think I am still being nice. And please take it as a compliment."

"Hmmm... Witty... You're perfect.."

"Huh? Perfect? Do you need me to call the doctor for you?"

"Yes perfect.. You are all in one.. Feminine yet feisty at the same time. Not to forget that you are also atheletic and even knows how to cook because I've watched the variety programs that you've been on and not forgetting your dramas too. I've watched it all."

Doesn't he have anything to do? Why is he watching those program for? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"I'm sorry... But you seem to have ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter