Chapter 34

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback 

Min Ho had to stay in the hospital for about three weeks before he was discharged. He suffered cuts, bruises and hairline fractures on his arm and foot. He managed to recover fast and did not have to wait for long to be discharge after the doctors observed that his condition had stabilized. On the day of his discharge,

"Min Ho Oppa, let's go on a date..."

"Huh? But I can't.. I need to get back home... There's a lot of things to be done back at the countryside."

"Min Ho Oppa... Since you're now out of the hospital... You need to eat good food... After we eat then I'll send you back alright?"

"Hmmm.... Ok..."

"Shin Hye ya... Wait outside first while I change and packed my belongings.."

"Neh Oppa... I'll go and settle the last bit of hospital documents then."

"Komawo Shin Hye."

Min Ho packed all his things and changed out of the hospital uniform before exiting the room to see that Shin Hye was already waiting for him outside.

"You're done with the papers already?"

"Neh Oppa.."

"I guess I owe you yet again.."

"Min Ho Oppa.. Don't say that.. You don't owe me anything..."

"How can you say I did not owe you anything?"

The mood between them dipped a little and Shin Hye immediately tried to change the topic to lighten up the atmosphere between them.

"Oppa.. Let's go and eat alright? Where would you like to go?" asked Shin Hye as she linked her arms around his. 

"You told me that we went to an after party dinner after the drama filming right?"

"Yes.."

"Shall we go there to eat?"

Without much thought, Shin Hye agreed to his request.

Shin Hye drove to the restaurant and ordered plenty of dishes just for the two of them. She even fed him and so did he to her. They enjoyed their dinner and they head back home to Shin Hye's place. When Shin Hye drove all the way back to her house, Min Ho stepped out of the car and Shin Hye wanted to invite him in to stay overnight.

"Min Ho Oppa... I'll send you back tomorrow morning alright? Rest here for the night.."

Manager Kim was not around because Shin Hye had took a break from her schedule for that day and the next since Min Ho had just been discharged from the hospital. 

"Ani... It's okay Shin Hye... I'll take a cab back from here. You better rest alright?"

"Huh? Then why did you agree to be driven all the way back here?" Shin Hye asked feeling puzzled.

"I wanted to send you home... But since I don't own a car... I let you do it.. So now that you are home, I can make a move back to home.."

"Since you are here.. Just stay will you Oppa?"

"It's okay Shin Hye... You've been carrying out your schedules and visiting me when you could at the hospital for the past three weeks. Going back and forth like that must be tiring for you."

"It's okay Oppa... I'm fine.."

"Ani.. Shin Hye... You must take care of yourself."

"Oppa.. Why are you making it sound as if we are not meeting each other anymore..?"

"Huh? Shin Hye ya... You are thinking too much... Don't think in that manner..."

"Arasso.. Oppa..."

Min Ho gave Shin Hye a hug. A tight hug before he left in a cab back to the country side. 

In the cab, he was listening to his music player with thoughts of Shin Hye playing in his mind.

 

 

Two Weeks Later...

Shin Hye finally had a day where her schedule was cleared, she personally drove to the countryside to visit Min Ho. Min Ho had not been replying her text messages or even her calls. The last time they spoke was about breaking the relationship off. She was worried about him and did not know what went wrong. Ever since he left in the cab, not only he has not been replying; he had not been staying at home too that even the Ahjumma and the Ahjusshi could not keep track of his whereabouts when Shin Hye called to ask. Making Shin Hye determined to meet him face to face to ask him what was going on with him.

When Shin Hye finally arrived, she drove straight to his workshop and there he was doing some carpentry work that night. She entered the workshop without even knocking on the door.

"Min Ho Oppa~"

"Aren't you suppose to be busy this week? What brings you here?" Min Ho asked her nonchalantly.

"Huh?! Is that what you're suppose to say to me?! After you have not been replying my text messages and calls for the past two weeks?!"

"Sorry been busy.."

"Mwo?! Busy?! Busy?! Is that even a reason?"

"Then what do you want me to say? That's a fact."

"You have not been going back home either..."

"I told you... I've been busy.. There's a lot of projects for me to finish... I know you are the celebrity but I can busy too.. Sometimes even busier than you are..."

"Can't the project wait? Until you heal completely?"

"It has been postponed for too long since I was in the hospital..."

"You still have plenty of time to finish.. I'm sure the villagers know and won't mind..."

Min Ho kept quiet.

"Oppa... What's the matter?"

Min Ho took a deep breath before he said it out for Shin Hye to hear, "I thought I could forget about that incident that night... But it's not possible..."

"So you are still upset about that?"

"I'm not upset.. Just sick of it..."

"I told you... There's nothing going on between me and Siwon!"

"If there's nothing, would he be going down on one knee, with a diamond ring in his hand and you standing in front of your home in Seoul?" 

"Oppa... It's not what you think... I've been rejecting him a lot... Asking him to stop... But he won't.."

"Well if you try hard enough.. He would have right?"

"Min Ho Oppa~~ How could you say that..."

"Enough of this... I'm tired... I think it's best if we break up alright... We even talked about it on the phone."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter