Chapter 4

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week later...

*Rrrriiinnnggg!!*

"Hello?"

"Hello Kim Eun Sook-nim?"

"Neh.. Min Ho-sshi?"

"I am sorry to disturb you if you are in the middle of something. But I just wanted to check if you were able to locate Park Shin Hye-sshi."

"Hmmm... Park Shin Hye-sshi?" 

"Yes.. The actress I recommended for the role from our last meeting."

"Ahhh~~ Her... I see... What about her?"

"Have you managed to contact her yet?"

"Not yet Min Ho-sshi.. I don't know how I should contact her. I tried asking around but nobody really knows her though."

"Hmmmm.. Do you think if we call the entertainment agency we would be able to locate her?"

"You remember her agency's name Min Ho-sshi?"

"Neh.. Neh.. writer-nim..."

"Alright great! Text me the number I will make a call to them... By the way I really wonder why you are insisting on her."

"Hahaha.. I'm not sure too. Just that I feel she fits the character that you wanted."

"Do you have a personal agenda Min Ho-sshi?"

"Ani writer-nim. I don't... I just thought that if a good actress can act, why not..?"

"Neh.. Arasso... I'll update you once I manage to contact her."

"Kamsahamnida writer-nim.. Really appreciate it that you are willing to do this."

"No problem Min Ho-sshi... If there's a diamond in the rough, it'll be good if I'm the one to polish it."

"Neh neh.. Thank you very much."

"Alright I'll contact you soon."

Min Ho hung up the call and searched for the agency that Shin Hye was in back in 2009. Min Ho knew of Shin Hye's agency because of her manager's doing during the time when he was busy handing out his business card to everyone else and neglecting the fact that he was Shin Hye's manager and there was a need for him to take care of Shin Hye's needs. After Min Ho had texted Kim Eun Sook, she replied him to acknowledge the receipt of the contact.

When Kim Eun Sook opened the text, she immediately recognised the company, as one of the major entertainment agency in South Korea that she knew of the CEO personally. So, instead of calling the manager's number that Min Ho had given her, she went on to call the CEO's office personally.

*RRrrriiinnnggg!*

"Hello?"

"Hello.. May I speak to Yang Sajangnim please?"

"Yes it is him speaking..."

"Ahh~ Yang Sajangnim... It's me Kim Eun Sook."

"Oh.. Neh... Writer-nim..How can I help you?"

"I am looking for an actress that is signed to your company..."

"Wah~~ Are you looking for an actress for your an upcoming drama?"

"Actually I am..."

"I am honoured that you called me directly to call for an actress under our agency... What is her name?"

"Hmmmm... Park Shin Hye-sshi.."

"Eh~? Park Shin Hye??" 

"Neh.. Park Shin Hye... Did I get the name wrong?"

"Ani.. It's not wrong... But she's no longer with us... She has left the agency quite sometime back..."

"Left the agency? Then do you happen to have her contact number?"

"Sorry but no I don't.. We didn't keep in contact after she left..."

Just when CEO Yang finished what he said, someone had asked for the phone from him;

"Hold on.. Kim Eun Sook-nim... Somebody wants to talk to you..."

"Neh..."

"Hello, Kim Eun Sook-sshi... This is Yang Sajangnim's father.."

"Neh... Annyeonghasaeyo.. How have you been?"

Kim Eun Sook knew of the founder before the current CEO took over the entertainment agency. 

"I've been good thank you for asking.. So I heard just now you were looking for Park Shin Hye?"

"Neh.. neh... I am.. "

"How did you know of her? Because she is not that popular to be remembered like this.. But I really appreciate it that someone is actually looking for her..."

"Well apparently, she was recommended by Lee Min Ho-sshi to have her for a role in the drama... He thought that it would be good to have Park Shin Hye-sshi for the role."

"He did?"

"Neh... And he is quite persistent about it... So that's why I gave a call to the agency to find out how I could contact her.. But your son told me that she had left." Kim Eun Sook explained the conversation she had earlier with his son.

"Indeed she has left the company... But I think I'll be able to help you..." The founder told Kim Eun Sook over the phone as he took out his mobile phone and started searching for Park Shin Hye's number, whom he had still kept in contact with even though she had left the agency.

 

Flashback

In the CEO's office...

"Mianhamnida Ahboenim... " Shin Hye said to the founder that she has been treating him just like her own father.

"Shin Hye ya~~ Wae? Why are you leaving?"

"Ahboeji... We should just let her go... She's not making any money for the company and it is only a burden to us to have to provide for her."

"Huh? A burden? What do you know? I suggest you stay out of this son... Please leave us alone in the room."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter