Chapter 42

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Siwon made an arrangement with a newspaper reporter to request for an article to be written. Even his parents came down to give their input on Shin Hye as a person. They were full of praise of Shin Hye and seek the public to support Shin Hye's future activities. Due to the interview, the reporter who did the interview began to look for people who were close to Shin Hye and the charity organisations that she volunteered in as named by Siwon's parents. 

A week later an article was released by the reporter to counter the comments made. 

Meanwhile in the countryside, Manager Kim had called Shin Hye to inform her of the article. He also told Shin Hye about the person who asked to release such article. Shin Hye felt grateful to his family and seek Manager Kim to send them a gift to thank them. Even though the article was released, more malicious rumours came about when they accused her of releasing the stories herself to cover the act. But still, Shin Hye felt blessed knowing that the affected persons have forgiven her for her act. Min Ho who just came back from his workshop saw Shin Hye smiling to herself.

"Shin Hye ya~~ Why are smiling? Any good news?"

"Kim Oppa just called to inform that Siwon-sshi and his family requested to release an article to counter the negative comments."

"Jinjja? That's nice of them.."

"Ya.. And that's why I feel bad..."

"Wae? Then are you swooned by him and now having a change of mind?"

"If you continue to behave like this.. I will..."

"Wah~ Jinjja..." Min Ho was giving her the I-just-can't-believe-you-said-that! look.

"Aigoo~ Min Ho Oppa... We went through so much... There was a lot at stake and we came so far... Do you seriously think I would leave it all? If I indeed want to get married to him I would have done so then Oppa... Tsk.. tsk.. tsk... You have so little faith in me.. *bluek*" 

"Did you just tsk.. tsk.. tsk.. me? Where do you think you're going Shin Hye ya?"

"You won't be able to catch me Oppa.. Hahahaha..."

Shin Hye ran quickly to her room and locked the door behind her. 

This cannot be... This is too dangerous.. Soon.. I think I have to do more than just growling if this continue.. Too many wolves.. In her life she only needs one wolf.. And that should be me.. *grins* - Min Ho's thoughts. 

..........

One week later on one afternoon, 

"Ommoni where are you taking my Min Ho Oppa?"

"I need his help to carry some things... You stay home okay?"

"Can I follow?"

"Aigoo.. Stay home my dear... It was so much better when you were in Seoul working..." The Ahjumma .

"Ommoni... How can you say that?" Shin Hye said as she gave a pout.

"We'll be out only for awhile.. Will come back soon."

Just then the Ahjusshi also step out of the house.

"Orh? Ahboenim? You are following too?"

"Neh.. How can I leave my wife alone?"

"Then what about me?"

"You're not Min Ho's wife yet... So you don't have to follow... Stay home and take care of the house."

"Not fair~~~!!!" Shin Hye whined like a little kid with Min Ho trying to contain his laughter.

"No use crying.. You still can't follow..." The Ahjusshi put on the stern act in front of Shin Hye.

"Min Ho Oppa~~~ Aren't you going to say anything?"

Min Ho just shrugged his shoulders as he says, "Have to listen to the words of the elders'."

"Mwo?! Oppa? You too?!"

With that the three of them walked towards the car and drove away to urbanize area of the village leaving Shin Hye alone at home.

In truth, Min Ho had told the elders in regards to his proposal to Shin Hye. He had custom made a ring for Shin Hye and was going to collect it at the jewellery's shop. When he told the elders that he was going to be collecting it, they wanted to tag along thus the reason why they were determine to ensure that Shin Hye stayed home. 

As they reached the shop, the shop owner showed to him the design he had asked for.

"Aigoo~~ Min Ho ya~ Why are you splurging on a ring...?"

"It's okay Ommoni... I wanted to pamper her..."

After he made the payment, they went to get some household items before heading back home.

.......

That evening, Min Ho was fidgety and feeling nervous on his own. Even when he was having dinner, he was not able to eat much because he was afraid that he would forgot about the things to say to Shin Hye. They took their showers before preparing for bed. He put on his Mickey Mouse hoodie and placed the box with the ring in his pocket as he knocked on Shin Hye's bedroom door.

*knock knock*

"Neh? Oppa? Not sleeping yet?"

"Shall we go for a walk? And put on the couple hoodie you got for us.. I got mine on.."

"Hahaha. Okay okay..."

Shin Hye put on her hoodie and with a torchlight in her hand and a picnic mat in his hand, they held their free hands and walked out of the house together. 

"Shin Hye dear... Were you angry in the afternoon?"

"Hmmm... At first? Because all of you were mean to me..."

"Mianhae dear..."

"Don't worry... After I was alone I thought it's nice that you, Ahboenim and Ommoni are comfortable with each other for real. So I have no complaints."

"I am so lucky to have such a sweet girlfriend...."

"Glad that you realise that.. Hehehe.."

"Orh? Should I change my mind about what I just said?"

"Nope.. You are not allowed to..."

"No worries I won't.. " Min Ho said as he pulled her closer to him and kissed her temple while they walked towards the beach.

When they reached the beach, 

"Min Ho Oppa.. Why do you want to take a walk all of a sudden?"

"I think you forgot?" Min Ho said as he laid the picnic mat down and took a seat with his hands spread wide inviting Shin Hye to snuggle herself perfectly infront of him.

"About?" 

"Hmmm the fact that on this very date back in 2014, was the day that you taught me how to swim..." said Min Ho with a smile on his face.

"Jinjja? Time sure past by so fast Oppa..."

"Yes.. But there's so many things that have happened and passed. But here we are.. Still together.. And going strong."

"Awww~~ Oppa.. I'm just glad you are here with me and to be able to spend time together like this..."

"Me too... Shin Hye.. Me too..."

They sat there together till the sun was almost rising in each others' arm. They did not speak much but they were enjoying and appreciating each other's company in those silent moments. It has been a long time since they were able to spend a day without interruptions since it has always been chaotic for the past year. And finally, Min Ho spoke;

"Shin Hye, my dear... There's something I have to say to you..."

"What is it Oppa?" asked Shin Hye as she turned to face him.

"My dear, as much as I love you, I am always feeling sorry too for all the things I've put you through. Everyday I am trying my best to be the best boyfriend I can be to you. But I have a long way to go because sometimes my jealous heart can drive you up the wall too. And I am so grateful that you would accept a guy who is lacking so much like me as your man. Everyday I am thankful and happy that you made the same decision as I did... But afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter