Chapter 7

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Script Reading Day

Finally, the day for script reading came. Ever since the meeting that took place in the restaurant, Shin Hye did her best to help the restaurant as much as possible before she left.

 

Flashback

"Shin Hye ya~~ My beautiful daughter... Don't cry... If you cry I will cry too.." said the Ahjumma as she wiped the tears that was streaming down Shin Hye's cheeks.

"Ommoni.. Ahboenim.. I will miss you..." said Shin Hye in between her sobs.

"Aigoo~~ It's not like we will shut the door for you when you leave to pursue your dreams. This door is always open for you Shin Hye.." The Ahjusshi tried to calm both ladies' heart that were saddened by the impending separation, though his heart was aching too. 

"Kamsahamnida Ommoni... Kamsahamnida Ahboenim..." said Shin Hye as she bowed to show her respect and gratitude to the two elders who have been very nice to her all the while when she was working. 

As Shin Hye stepped out of the restaurant to go back to her house to prepare for the next day script reading, she was in tears. So did both of the elders. But Shin Hye refused to look back because if she did, she would not take another step forward as she still had thoughts of, 'Why should I step into the uncertainty of the unknown when I have a safe haven with the people that sincerely and truly loves me?' 

Back in her own house, she looked through her closet that was filled sparringly. It was not even considered a closet even by men's standards; as it looked like someone was just hanging pieces of laundry to dry. As her work requires her to put on uniform, buying clothes was not a priority. And she began to worry a little. She tried to search for the most presentable t-shirt she could find and a pair of bottoms for tommorow's script reading. Before she turned in for the night, she looked at herself in the mirror as she saw the quotes that she had pasted at the top left hand of the mirror, framing it's corner, that had been helping her to get on with her life. 

  

The quotes puts a smile on her face and as she looked at her reflection in the mirror, 

"Your day is finally here.... Be happy. For yourself." said Shin Hye as she smiled to herself and the music that would accompany her for the night.

As the music played, she walked towards her bed and laid down. Turning in for the night. And anticipating for tomorrow.

End of Flashback

 

Shin Hye waited for the bus that will take her to the venue that was set by Kim Eun Sook. That morning, Yang Senior had sent her a text to wish her all the best and telling her that she could do it and that he had the complete trust in her, making her to smile her first smile for the day. As her usual routine, she plugged her ears as the bus starts moving.

Shin Hye is now a free agent artist with Yang Senior only helping her to settle some of the documents because they agreed that it would the best for Shin Hye. Though when Yang Senior offered to pay for her to take driving lessons and to get herself a car, she rejected it politely and that she will do it only when there is a need for it, and as for now she does not see a need to and stuck to taking her buses. She even refused a manager because she assured Yang Senior that she would be able to take care of herself.

As she entered the room for the first time, she finally saw the man who would be acting opposite her. 

"Park Shin Hye-sshi~! It's been a long time~~~"

Why is he extremely cheerful and happy? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Hmmm... " Shin Hye trying to figure out who he was since she had not been following the drama scene for quite sometime to realise that Min Ho was her modelling partner in an instant.

"Ya~~ Lead actress.. You forgot who I am?"

Lead... Actress? Hmmmm.. Oh~~~~ That awkward guy~~! - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Oh it's you! That awkward guy from Etude."

"I have a name you know... How upsetting! I remembered your name.. In full and you call me what? The awkward guy?"

Shin Hye smiled at his reaction.

"Mianhamnida." said Shin Hye as she walked towards Kim Eun Sook who was talking to someone else to greet her.

Did I just got snubbed? - Min Ho's thoughts as Shin Hye passes him by towards the writer-nim.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but Annyeonghasaeyo Kim Eun Sook-nim." said Shin Hye as she gave a bow.

"Oh.. Shin Hye... You are finally here... Let me introduce to you.. This is the Director. Kang PD."

"Annyeonghasaeyo Kang PD-nim." said Shin Hye and she bowed as well.

"Neh... I've heard a lot about you from Kim Eun Sook-sshi... I am anticipating this."

"It's a huge burden but I am willing to try and give my best." Shin Hye said with a smile on her face.

"Yes.. That's the attitude!" said Kang PD-nim as he pat on her shoulder.

They all took a seat while waiting for the script reading to commence. Both Shin Hye and Min Ho were seating opposite each other as they flipped through the script that was in their hand; to read through it roughly the contents and to understand the flow of the story before it officially starts.

  

Min Ho who had his chin resting on his fingers as he read through the pages were catching glimpse of Shin Hye. But she was lookin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter