Chapter 38

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Manager Kim, the Ahjusshi and the Ahjumma walked towards Min Ho and Shin Hye who were still in an embrace. They all ended up in a big hug as they shed tears of joy together. As they broke away from the hug;

"You still search for each other even after a month of being unconscious..." said the Ahjusshi as he wiped his tears away with a smile on his face. 

"Mwo?! How long did you say it was Ahboenim?" Both of them asked in unison with a puzzled look. 

"A month... The both of you have been unconscious for one long month. We've been praying for the both of you to wake up.. We are just glad that you did even though you scare us earlier with the way you did..." Manager Kim chimed in.  

Shin Hye and Min Ho exchanged a knowing look between each other as they all walked towards their respective ward since the doctors have already been called in to check on them. Min Ho and Shin Hye were reluctant to let each other go.

"You'll meet each other again... Don't worry..." The Ahjusshi commented as he looked at the couple with their fingers still interlacing each other. 

Min Ho and Shin Hye finally let their hands go and walked back to their wards. When they finally reached, the doctor gave them a check up before two police officers walked in concurrently in their respective wards. 

"Park Shin Hye-sshi..."

"Yes Officer..?"

"Do you think you could give your statement in regards to what happened on the day of the accident?"

"Sorry young man... But is it okay for her to rest first before she gives you her statement? She just woke up.."

"Ommoni.. It's okay... I can handle this... Do you mind if you excuse us for awhile?"

"Okay.. But if you feel uncomfortable please take a break..."

"Arasso Ommoni.. Don't worry.."

"Do you think you can start by telling us what happened?" The female officer interviewed Shin Hye. 

"Hmmm... Me and Min Ho were on our way to the police station when our car was strangely approached by three cars. And they pursued us until the moment Min Ho loses control of the car after one of the car hit ours..."

"Why were there people pursuing you..?"

"It happened after I hung up the phone with Yang Sajangnim.. After he warned me to watch my back."

"So you think it's him who arranged it?"

"I believe so..."

"But it seems that you were signed to the agency right when it just started.. So why would he wants to do that to you?"

"I was signed before the change of CEO. I left because I wasn't getting acting gigs. But I got my big break with the drama.."

"Why did you leave the agency?"

"Because they were focused on making profits. And I was not serving their purpose..."

Shin Hye talked about her life at the agency and how it changes after she made it big. She also revealed that she re-signed with the agency when she wanted to protect Min Ho's identity. When the police officers cross examine the statements between the two of them, it was consistent and they took the evidences to pass it to the prosecutors. After the long interview, finally Min Ho and Shin Hye managed to meet up with each other. Min Ho came in to Shin Hye's ward, along with the elders and Manager Kim. They talked about what had happened until the time the elders and the Manager went home. 

"Min Ho Oppa~~" Shin Hye called him sweetly.

He walked towards her and gave her hug. 

"Finally... I can hug you..." Min Ho remarked.

Shin Hye smiled.

"So you like the choice I made?" asked Min Ho to a smiling Shin Hye.

"What do you mean you made?" We chose it together..."

"Hahaha. Ya.. We could read each others' mind.."

"I rather have the unknown and be able to hold you than not being able to..."

"Yup.. Definitely.. Knowing too much made us this way isn't it? It was much easier when we don't know... But I do know we love each other though..."

"And that I am thankful for."

When they broke away from the hug, they sat by each other as they looked into each other eyes.

"I didn't know a day in that place equates a month here." Min Ho said as he held onto Shin Hye's hands.

"That's unfair isn't it?"

"Why Shin Hye?"

"It means they have taken away a month from whatever time we are left with in exchange for our choices."

"It's already a miracle for me. I never thought we would even have made it this far... I am just going to cherish every single second I have with you from now onwards and not trouble myself with other matters that don't matter."

Shin Hye smiled at his words. 

"So don't worry alright?"

"But Oppa... You didn't tell the officers about the curse right?"

"Nope.. Of course not.."

"But... I still worry.. If words about the reason why you left will be uncovered when this issue comes about, I'm afraid of the backlash you will receive..."

"I can just say I took a break can I?"

"Huh? A break for almost four years?!"

"Well.. Just say that I was stressed out with work and I intended to spend my time giving back to the community.. What I thought to be a short stay became something long... And I found love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter