Chapter 41

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before the articles were released and the news published, Min Ho decided to visit his agency to speak to his then CEO. They have brought along some gifts as an apology.

Min Ho was especially nervous about meeting as it has been a long time since he last met the man. When they finally reached the location,

"Min Ho Oppa... Do you need me to come along with you?"

"I'm not sure if it's a good idea.. But honestly, I want you to."

"Okay.. Then I will follow."

Manager Kim also came along since he was also from the agency as Min Ho's manager then. 

Even though it was a sudden decision, they were in luck as the CEO was in his office. They were told to proceed to the office. While in the elevator, Shin Hye could see how nervous Min Ho was and could only offer her hand for him to hold since words will mean nothing for a person whose mind is already all over the place. And Min Ho took her hand as he tried to calm himself down by taking deep breaths. They finally reached the floor of the the CEO's office. 

As Min Ho knocked on the door, a voice can heard,

"Yes? Come in..."

The three of them entered the room. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo Sajangnim, it's been a long time since we last met."

"Nice to see you Min Ho..."

They exchange handshakes and Shin Hye greeted the CEO too. 

"Take a seat." The CEO offered before as he took a seat himself. 

"How have you been Min Ho? You were involved in an accident about a month ago?"

"Ya.. A month plus.. I am recovering well.. But I am here to apologise to you for what happened and for what I did."

"It's been a long time Min Ho.. But I would appreciate if you could explain yourself.. That would be good for a closure..."

"Ya.. That's what I wanted to do and the reason why I came here."

"And you are also here with Manager Kim and....."

"Park Shin Hye-sshi. She is my girlfriend."

"Orh? Jeongmalyo?"

"Neh..."

"When did that happen?"

"Actually, after the filming, I was not well enough to work at all. And I couldn't even excuse myself."

"But.. you did come to see me during your filming towards the end... To tell me that you have the intention to take a break... But I didn't know that you would just leave... But since the day you mentioned it, I've already made arrangements to cancel your activities just in case you needed more time for yourself. But things got tricky when you were uncontactable because we could not decide what we should do for you so to appease your fans and all, we decide collectively to announce your retirement."

"I am really sorry about that Sajangnim. I didn't mean to do that."

"I think we should no longer discuss about something that has passed. But I am more concern about your future now. Do you see yourself still acting?"

"I am not sure for now... But I am keeping my options open.. But I'm worried about the fact of the contract I've signed with the agency.."

"For that.. With the profits you have earned for the company while you were still with us, has surpassed even the penalty fees for breaking the contract.. So it was settle as that and since you've been with us since the beginning, take it as our means of repaying for your loyalty with us."

"Kamsahamnida Sajangnim..."

"Don't mention it. If you decided to come back to the entertainment industry, and if you need an agency, I hope you'll sign with us."

"Neh..."

"Even you Park Shin Hye-sshi.. Now that you are without an agency too.."

"I'll keep that in mind Sajangnim. Thank you very much." 

"And you are still in contact with Manager Kim? That's a nice surprise."

"Yes... He is like a big brother to me."

"You are also welcome back if Min Ho decided to act again."

"Neh.. Kamsahamnida Sajangnim."

"Please accept the gifts from us. We wish you the best of health. Thank you once again." said Min Ho as they stood up and bow before taking their leave.

As they walk back to car, they were feeling relieved that the meeting ended nicely between Min Ho and the CEO. When they entered the car, Shin Hye asked Min Ho,

"Min Ho Oppa.. So do you want to accept his offer?"

"I'm not sure... Like I said earlier, I want to see the outcome of the press conference." said Min Ho before he look to Manager Kim,

"Hyung~ Do you think they have released the article by now?"

"Should be... You can check on your mobile phone.."

Min Ho took out his mobile phone and check

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter