Chapter 15

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before the paramedics came into the house, Shin Hye dragged Min Ho's body out of the room and closed the door behind her. She was afraid if word ever got out  of that house, that the room was filled with her photos, rumours about Min Ho will start spreading unnecessarily.

Finally when the paramedics came, Min Ho was wheeled to the ambulance, on the stretcher and Shin Hye followed Min Ho all the way to the hospital to be warded.

Min Ho was rushed to the operating theatre to receive emergency treatment. Within a few hours the doctor came out from the operating room. Shin Hye who was waiting stood up immediately to receive the news. Min Ho survived the ordeal but remained unconscious. While waiting by Min Ho's bed side, even at the hospital, Shin Hye was worried if news of Min Ho being warded will be let out as he was away from the public eye the past year. But at the same time, she was worried about what had happened to Min Ho as well. She was praying hard for Min Ho to wake up and to be able to explain to her what had happened to him for the past year. For the whole night, Shin Hye did not leave Min Ho alone. She was waiting and anticipating for any slightest movement from Min Ho. 

Shin Hye had dozed off while waiting for Min Ho to wake when she was suddenly awoken by the slight movement from Min Ho fingers. She rushed out of the ward to get the nurse. 

"Nurse... I think he's awake.. Please get the doctor to check on him."

"Alright.. Just hold on a minute."

The nurse dialled for the doctor in charge to come to check on Min Ho. The doctor came to the ward within ten minutes, and checked on Min Ho while Shin Hye waited outside anxiously until the doctor was done. 

The nurse that was assisting the doctor stepped out of the room and requested for Shin Hye to come in.

"Yes, doctor? Is everything alright?" Shin Hye who was anxious to see Min Ho who had his eyes half-opened asked the doctor.

"His vital stats are all okay. Functioning really well. But there's just something I would need your help for."

"What is it doctor?" Shin Hye asked cautiously out of the slightly disturbed feeling she was getting from a doctor that would require her help for.

"Hmmmm... Ask him some questions please. Because it seems that he does not know the reason why he was here in the hospital. He kept asking me who brought him here. So I called for you to come in instead to talk to him about it."

Shin Hye approached Min Ho as she sat on the bed beside Min Ho while facing him.

"Min Ho Oppa... Are you alright? Feeling better? You were here because you fainted earlier. And I brought you here..." Shin Hye said slowly enunciating every word clearly.

Min Ho who was still looking at Shin Hye with a puzzled look on his face.

"I fainted?"

"Yes you did. You fainted. Yesterday."

"Hmmmm but how come I was with you?"

"Hmmmm... Because we met each other before you fainted."

"Really? How come I have not seen you before? Who are you?"

"I'm Shin Hye... Park Shin Hye..."

"But I don't remember you..."

The words that Min Ho uttered were definitely not something Shin Hye had wanted to hear from Min Ho at all after all those wait. Especially after what had happened earlier in the room. 

"Do you know where's my manager?" Min Ho said as he interrupted Shin Hye who was still in shock.

"Huh? Manager?"

"Yes my manager... Manager Kim... Do you know where is he? Or how I can contact him?"

Manager Kim was Min Ho's manager before he went into seclusion. The one who had been working with him and that Shin Hye knew off. 

"Hmmm I'll try my best to contact him for you.."

"That's good. Because it makes me a little mad that he would left me all alone with a girl that I don't know. Isn't he afraid I might get into unnecessary scandals?"

Shin Hye's tears began to well up. A person that she wished had all the answers to her question, could not even remember who she was. Shin Hye requested for the doctor to speak to her. They went to the doctor's office to have a talk. 

"Doc, could you explain to me why?"

"I'm not sure either. During the scan that we did while in the operating theatre, even though you said he fell, there was nothing out of the ordinary going on. And to see that he could speak real well with you earlier it does not seem that he had some cognitive problems."

"But he can't remember me..."

"It might be memory loss."

"Would it be permanent or temp?"

"Hmmm.. firstly I can arrange for another scan now that he is awake.. But whether it is permanent or not, I believe we can only try... to induce those lost memories."

Shin Hye was at lost for words. She did not know what to do to help Min Ho regained those memories. But she had something to do at the moment. She needed help. To locate Manager Kim. 

 

She dialled for Yang Senior. 

*Rrrrriiinnnnggg!!!*

"Hello?"

"Hello Ahboenim.."

"Neh... Shin Hye ah~ "

"I'm sorry to disturb you..."

"It's okay you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter