Chapter 39

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, after they woke up from their sleep, they went to meet their Ommoni and Ahboenim to tell them of their decision.

"Ommoni... Ahboenim..."

"Neh Shin Hye ya... Come have your breakfast first.."

The couple walked over and joined the elders for breakfast. After they were done with their breakfast;

"Ommoni, Ahboenim... We have something that we need to dicuss with you..."

"What is it Min Ho? It seems serious from the way you look.." The Ahjusshi said looking at both Min Ho and Shin Hye.

"We have decided to go up to Seoul in order to settle the noise about our issue. To the extent that they have been bothering Kim Oppa at the restaurant..." said Shin Hye with a regretful voice in regards to the extent of the mass media actions in order to get their story.

"Have the both of you thought about it carefully? Because you never know how they will react to the both of you." The Ahjusshi asked out of concern since both of them are high profile artist. Furthermore, Min Ho missing act has not been explained to the public. 

"Yes.. Though we are actually afraid of the response.. It is not fair for us to keep quiet if it harms others. And Min Ho Oppa agreed too.."

"Then there's something you must promise me..."

"What is it Ahboenim?"

"I'm not a celebrity and never have been one... But I knew a little about the world and how people will react to something that is caught up in an issue as big as the both of you were in... Furthermore, the both of you have been going through a lot to get to where you are now as a couple. And we have witnessed your journey all through these years. We believe that the two of you are meant for each other. But.. Even if you are fated for each other, in face of adversity it can be shakened. I think the both of you know it for yourself since both of you have went through it before. Your Ommoni and I don't need your money, we don't need you to shower us with gifts but we just need some assurance that the both of you will be there for each other and trust each other and be happy in each other's company."

The Ahjusshi's words moved Min Ho and Shin Hye in such a profound manner but they were prepared for it as Shin Hye assured the Ahjusshi right away. Whereas on Min Ho's side, he had  something to say. 

"Ahboenim.. I cannot promise that we will always be happy because there will surely be times when we argue over our differences and that I can even make Shin Hye cry too. But I can promise that I will not walk away from her, since I have learnt it the hard way."

Shin Hye's tears was already welling up in her eyes as Min Ho said his words due to the thoughts of their memories together came rushing in. Even though Min Ho was facing the Ahjusshi as he spoke, but he was able to tell that Shin Hye who was sitting beside him was affected so he reached out his hand to hold hers. 

"Okay.. Min Ho... Thank you for assuring us. But should the both of you need someone to talk to and discuss when things gets tough or even just as a shelter... Our door is always open. Arasso?"

"Neh Ahboenim. Thank you very much." Min Ho replied. 

"When will the both of you make your way there?"

"As soon as possible since Kim Oppa told us that the number of reporters have increase greatly.."

"Arasso..."

Shin Hye and Min Ho helped to wash up the dishes when Shin Hye spoke;

"Min Ho Oppa... I think you get ready first.. I'll do the dishes..."

"Orh? Are you playing the wifey's role already?"

"Ani..."

"Then?"

"If I'm already playing the wifey's role I'll have you wash the dishes instead." Shin Hye teased Min Ho that made him had his mouth open.

"You are a scary cute little puffer fish."

The both of them burst out into huge laughter before Shin Hye chased Min Ho out of the kitchen for him to get ready instead.

After Min Ho got himself ready, it was Shin Hye's turn. Min Ho helped to pack both his belongings and Shin Hye's as he placed it in the back seat of the car while she was getting herself ready to head out. They gave their parents a hug and the elders see them to their car. Min Ho took the driver's seat while Shin Hye opened the back door of the car;

"Oppa.. Why is the bag at the backseat instead of the trunk?"

"Wae? It's the same..."

"I'm trying to do my wife's role here and I'll seat at the back to rest in a spacious area while you drive.."

"Ya Shin Hye ya.. I'm not a driver..."

"If you are not the driver then how will this car get to Seoul? On its own?"

"Aish~~ You kids... Not even for a day and you are bickering already..."

Shin Hye burst into laughter before she said, "Min Ho Oppa... Our acting skills is still alive..."

"Aigoo~~ The both of you were joking about it?"

"Hehehehehe. It was unintentional.. Just goes to show how compatible Min Ho Oppa and me since he was able to sense it quickly and play along with me..."

"Aigoo~ Aigoo~" The Ahjumma hit Shin Hye's back lightly for the prank that she played on both her and husband.

"Ommoni...." Min Ho called the Ahjumma.

"Wae Min Ho?"

"Don't hit my girlfriend..." said Min Ho with a straight face.

"Wah~~ Shin Hye Ahboenim~~~! See these kids are bullying me..."

"Wae? The both you.. How can you do that to my lovely wife..."

"Hehehe. Ahboenim.. Since we won't be here for awhile... Have a good time alright?" Shin Hye teased the Ahjusshi befor settling herself  in the passenger's seat beside Min Ho as she waved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter