Chapter 25

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in their own rooms, the short but meaningful moment lingered in their mind. Shin Hye took the notebook that Min Ho had returned to its original place; from her bedside table. She continued to read another entry that he had written.

Isn't it funny that I let Shin Hye go? A wonderful girl like her? But you know... Being with her will only make her suffer. But here I am still yearning and missing her that I kept having dreams about her. I hope all the best for her. And I am definitely sorry that I can only see her from afar like this... I want to hug her so much and confess my love for her... But not with my cursed self. But it is possible for me to dream right? At least in my dreams, I am perfectly fine and I am not a jerk to her. I treat her well and I love her dearly. Maybe in this life that dream will never come true. But just maybe in another life it would. It's strange that I'm having my hopes up even at this point of time.. It's been 4 months I think since I last saw her... I strike off the calendar to make it easier for me. Just to tell myself that the only thing that I am capable of doing at this moment for her is to leave her side. Seeing the crosses on the calendar day by day shows that I am getting by.. even when it hurts.. I shall peservere.

Shin Hye felt touched and sad at the same time. It made her realise further that she should treat him better since he is back and right in front of her. No matter what state he is in, whether he remembers or not, it does not matter since he is still Lee Min Ho. The person who was in pain all these while.

Even now he still cares for me. Well yes he did inflict it on me.. But I believe that was not the real Lee Min Ho. And now he is here. He confessed to me. He wanted to date me. He did not want to see me hurt. Maybe I should just take the chance and start over. If someday his memory comes back then at least we have good memories with each other even if he decides to go on our separate ways because by then he would be strong enough to face the world on his own. But for now... I should just treat him nicely. There's no point in me drowning myself in sadness, sulking and insisting for him to remember if he is not ready himself. All I can do now is to persevere. Taking each day at a time. - Shin Hye's thoughts. 

Shin Hye was not worried about making the relationship official to declare that Min Ho is her boyfriend or she is his girlfriend. What mattered to her now is the fact that she likes him and he likes her and all she wanted is to make good memories with him. Be there for him until whenever that time is. 

 

The next day...

Shin Hye even though she slept late managed to wake up early as she wanted to prepare breakfast for Min Ho. She went to kitchen and fix breakfast for Min Ho and her parents too. She woke up real early to get the ingredients she needed and even then no one was awake except for her Ommoni.

"Shin Hye ya~~ You're up early?"

"Neh Ommoni.. You go ahead and rest okay.. I'll serve breakfast in bed for both you and Ahboenim to enjoy..."  Shin Hye replied cheekily.

"Aigoo~~ What are you hinting at us for... We're an old couple..."

"Who says old people can't enjoy it just like youngsters do?"

"Omo Shin Hye ya~ You talked like you have experienced it for yourself uh?"

"Ani! Ommoni..." Shin Hye replied immediately and emphasising the fact that she had no prior experience.

"Jinjja? Not even with Min Ho?" The Ahjumma asked as she noticed the vibe that the both of them are giving even when they, Shin Hye and Min Ho are just nearby each other. 

"Aigoo Aigoo~~ I think my Ommoni is still half asleep... You should go back to your room and rest... " said a flustered Shin Hye as she led the Ahjumma out of the kitchen so as not to continue the awkward conversation.

Pabo ya Shin Hye~~ Why did you even start a conversation with such topics?! You are tired of living is it? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

Shin Hye continued with the preparation of making breakfast. She prepared some stir-fried rice noodles in oyster sauce with vegetables and eggs. Something quick and filling as she was considering her parents' tastebuds. She first delivered the noodles to her parents room before heading towards Min Ho's.

"Ommoni.. Ahboenim.. Enjoy your breakfast..."

"Komawo Shin Hye ya~" 

"Shin Hye... Are you going to deliver it to Min Ho too?"

"Neh Ahboenim..."

"Better not do anything else other than eating breakfast arasso?"

"Neh... " Shin Hye replied feeling fluster

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter