Chapter 6

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Huh? What did you say?" Shin Hye who managed to gather her senses back.

"Do you want to act or are you interested in acting?" Kim Eun Sook repeated her question for Shin Hye who was still in shock.

"Are you kidding me? I'm just a server here.. A worker at this restaurant that my parents own. I'm no actress." said Shin Hye who was pessimistic about the noble idea of acting especially after what she had been through while trying to live a life by acting.

"I'm good at recognizing diamonds in the rough..." Kim Eun Sook continued to negotiate with Shin Hye in order to get her to come for the audition since Min Ho had recommended her to star opposite him when Eun Sook queried the other time. 

"But I am not a diamond or even in the rough.. So I guess you got the wrong person. Sorry to disappoint you but I guess I need to get back to work instead of dabbling into the world of acting." said Shin Hye as she excused herself. 

Kim Eun Sook was a little disappointed at Shin Hye for not even admitting that she likes acting when it was obvious in her's eyes that Eun Sook was able to see right through her. So Eun Sook decided to call for Yang Senior to tell him about Shin Hye not wanting to accept her invitation. This is because, when Eun Sook spoke of the word 'acting' in front of Shin Hye, she went into the denial mode straight and was outright uncomfortable. So Eun Sook took her mobile phone out from her bag and dialled Yang Senior's number.

 

*RRrrrriiinnnnnggg!!!*

"Hello Eun Sook-sshi?"

"Neh.. It's me.. It's not going too well Yang Sajang-nim.."

"Neh.. She is quite difficult to convince."

"Do you think you could come to help?"

"Of course.. That's the least I could do to keep her passion for acting alive."

Just before Eun Sook reached the restaurant, she had called Yang Senior that she will try to convince Shin Hye on her own and let her observe Shin Hye also on her own without having the influence of Yang Senior. But after seeing Shin Hye and receiving the vibe that Shin Hye was naturally emitting to her, she called Yang Senior to come over to help her instead. 

 

The restaurant was about to close yet Eun Sook remained seated as she waited for Yang Senior to arrive. Eun Sook sat there to stall Shin Hye from leaving the place just before Yang Senior arrived at the restaurant.

"Ommoni~ Should we chase her out?" Shin Hye who was observing her from far.

"Shin Hye ah~~ That's not the way to treat others... Don't be bad Shin Hye... You can continue to clear up the mess and mopped this side of the restaurant and leave the main dining hall out first to allow her to sit there for awhile and be comfortable... If not, it will look as if we are chasing out our customers away."

Without saying anything else, Shin Hye then got back on with her work as she cleared the tables that the last few customers were seating at. Finally, Yang Senior came to restaurant but Shin Hye had already left the scene to enter the kitchen to wash the dishes and also to help the Ahjumma. The Ahjusshi welcomed Yang Senior because he had came to the restaurant before to eat and visit Shin Hye at the same time.

"Eun Sook-sshi, I'm sorry I was late. My son required some advice on the business that I almost forgot about the meeting." Yang Senior explained himself for his lateness.

"It's okay.. I think you came just at the right time since she will not have an excuse not to have a talk with us about the acting gig right? She won't be telling us that she is busy and things like that."

"Neh... You are right. But I think it's better if we prepare more people to support us." 

"Huh? More people?" Eun Sook asked as she was not sure what Yang Senior was talking about.

Following up to his initial intention, Yang Senior then called for Ahjusshi, the owner of the restaurant who was standing at the cashier counter near the entrance and exit.

"Neh.... What is it Yang-sshi?" The Ahjusshi approached the man. 

"Oh~ Do you think it is ok to call your wife to be here too? So we can have a discussion?"

"A discussion in regards to?" The Ahjusshi asked feeling puzzled.

"We need to discuss about Shin Hye's future."

While Shin Hye and the Ahjumma were marinating some food in the kitchen for tomorrow's sale, the Ahjusshi called out for his wife. 

"Yeh~~~?"

"Manura... Come out for awhile..."

"But I am busy marinating Yeobo..."

Shin Hye who was standing by her side told the Ahjumma;

"It's okay Ommoni~ I will take care of the rest. You go ahead... Ahboenim already called for you. Don't keep him waiting."

"Jeongmal Shin Hye?"

"Neh... "

The Ahjumma rinsed her hands properly under running tap water and dried it with the hand towel before heading out to where her husband was sitting at.

"What happened Yeobo? Why all of a sudden you are the one that is calling out for me?" said the Ahjumma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter