Chapter 31

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Shin Hye finally reached home that night, she said her goodnight to Manager Kim before going up to her own apartment. She washed herself up and got herself ready for bed before giving a call to Min Ho. As usual music accompanies her nights in Seoul.

"Hello?"

"Hello Min Ho Oppa~"

"Yes? How are you today dear?"

"Hmmmm... Okay but tiring though... Yourself?"

"As usual... And don't worry about things at home... Your Ahboenim and Ommoni are fine.."

"Hahaha.. How did you know I would be asking that?"

"Because you always worry for them..."

"But I'm glad you're there for them..."

"It's nothing compared to the love they've showed me..."

"Awww~~"

"So what did you do today?"

"Hmmm.. the usuals during the day and I just came back from a charity event..."

"For the children in need?"

"Neh... That's the one..."

"And all the rich dudes are there uh?"

"Hmmmm.. well you know they're the one that provides the donations..."

"And did anyone came along to ask you out or anything?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"Well.. Can't deny the fact that you're kind and beautiful... So it's only natural right?"

"Hmmm.... I did not really have people asking me out though... But the shareholder that I told you about was there..."

"What does he want from you?"

"He's one of the big donors of the night... so he was invited to the event..."

"And do you fancy him?"

"Of course not.. Why should I when I have you...?"

"Well... He's up there... "

"Lee Min Ho-sshi... Where have your confidence gone to? If I care about status that much, I would have chosen and insist on the then Lee Min Ho because you are definitely up there... There's no doubt about it.."

"You are definitely my girl.." said Min Ho who was touched by what she told him.

"Of course.. So please... Don't think in that manner..."

"Arasso... By the way... Since you had a long day today... Have some rest okay?"

"Neh Oppa... You too..."

"Good night love..."

"Night Night Oppa... Love you too.."

...........

 

The next day, while Shin Hye was at the salon getting her hair done, accompanied by her manager, a huge bouquet of flowers was delivered to her with a card attached. 

"Wah.. You are so lucky ah Shin Hye..." The hairdresser told her.

Shin Hye could only smile in response while she read the card.

 

Dear Shin Hye-sshi,

I hope you like the flowers. And you're just as beautiful as a rose too. I'm sure you know what 99 roses means right? And I hope your day will be just as fragant and LOVE-ly... 

Yours sincerely

Siwon

 

"Who is it from Shin Hye?" Manager Kim asked.

"A fly..."

"Huh?"

"A very annoying one... and don't ask me further.. I don't wish to talk about it..."

 

 

Roses? 99? I know what it means? He must be kidding me... Firstly.. He doesn't even know I don't like roses though I admit it is still a pretty flower, and I know what ninety nine roses means? Even if I know what difference does it make... And if he thinks of me like a rose.. He must have definitely forgotten about the thorns. But then again since he is so manufactured into such... I guess he won't even know where roses come from.. And he would have definitely replied in all his smugness; a flower shop. Such corny and cheesy lines is only meant for Min Ho Oppa... I'll excuse him any day... But this brat? Gosh... And this thing must be expensive... Such a waste... - Shin Hye's thoughts as she looked at the bouquet in front of her. 

After Shin Hye was done with her hair, she handed a stalk of rose to all the staffs and the customers at the salon. The left overs was placed at the salon itself before she went to her next schedule.

On her way to the schedule, she received a text from Siwon;

From: HouseFly

To: Shin Hye

Did you receive my gift? I hope you like it... And have a good day...

I am thankful for the good day that he wish for me... But as for the gift... No I don't like it... But I'm sure you've made others happy when I gave it away to them... - Shin Hye's thoughts.

Shin Hye did not even bother to reply his text.

.................

 

The next day...

While Shin Hye was at her photoshoot location with her fellow senior colleagues. The mood was light hearted and the shooting was simple. There was nothing fancy and everyone at the shoot was easy going.

But the mood changes when Shin Hye received another delivery. A note along with gifts.

 

Dear Shin Hye,

When I told you, my heart skips a beat when I see you, you told me I needed to get my heart checked. But you are the reason for it because you're a star that mesmerizes me. And I wish you are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter