Chapter 2

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho who noticed that Shin Hye was sitting all alone and was not eating anything approached her.

"Park Shin Hye-sshi...." Min Ho called her but she did not respond.

"Park Shin Hye-sshi...." Min Ho called her again but this time he tapped on her shoulder.

Shin Hye opened her eyes to see Min Ho standing in front of her. She unplugged her earphones from her ears and began to speak;

"Yes? Is there a problem Min Ho-sshi? How can I help you?" 

"Ani.. There's no problem.."

"Okay." Shin Hye replied as she picked up one of the earbuds of her earphones to plug it back to her ear, Min Ho stopped her by continuing the conversation with Shin Hye,

"Have you eaten, Shin Hye-sshi?"

"Nope."

"Wae?"

"Don't feel like eating."

"Diet?"

"No."

"Then?"

"I'm full from breakfast. If you could excuse me, I need to go to the ladies." said Shin Hye as she stood up bringing along her bag that was on her lap.

Their conversation was almost as good as a morse code; short and to the point. Only words that require to send a message across without giving out the wrong impression were used other then that, it was taken off. Min Ho was taken aback a little because he was never treated in this manner especially from the ladies. It was as if he just got dipped into a well filled with ice water. 

What's up with her? Is it the time of the month? Hmmm.. And we haven't even shot a photo together.. How are we suppose to work together in this manner? - Min Ho's thoughts.

In actual truth, Shin Hye lied about being full from breakfast. She made the excuse to go to the washroom just so she could escape from the situation before it became even more awkward. Since Shin Hye has not been paid much of late, and she is very frugal with her spending. Skipping meals because she could not afford it rather than because she was not hungry. Most of the time, a big portion of her pay is used to settle the rent for her rented rooftop apartment. And to get by with her day to day expenses during times when there were no projects coming her way, she got herself a part time job. There were times when she wanted to give up acting and just be a normal salaried worker. But because she does not have the proper qualifications even to get herself a desk job so she decided that being an actress would be a better choice for her, because a person who is going through all the difficulties in life and is content at the littlest thing would be able to emote better. 

As she stood in front of the mirror to look at herself she began to think...

In what way am I not good enough? Pretty? Am I not pretty? What is it that I need to do to be pretty? *Sigh* Do I need to go for surgery too? Just like the other actresses? But then again do I even have the money to begin with? Haha.. Dream on Park Shin Hye-sshi dream on ok? That's the least you could do. Dream.  - Shin Hye's thoughts before she stepped out of the washroom again. 

As she walked back towards the photoshoot area,

"Ya~! Shin Hye! Where did you go without informing me?" Her manager screamed out for her in front of the staffs which attracted Min Ho's attention as well. Shin Hye was really embarrassed by the situation so much so that she wanted to run and hide.

"I needed to go to the ladies. And you were not around." Shin Hye explained herself to her manager in a normal tone but her manager thought otherwise.

"And you don't know how to tell me first?! Can't use your mobile phone to text or call me or something?!"

Why should I when I have to pay the mobile phone bill on my own? - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Mianhamnida Manager-nim." Shin Hye replied again with her head down.

"This morning you were late also and you did not call to inform before hand!"

I did try to call but your mobile phone was switched off. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Where are your manners?"

Where is yours? Maybe when you found them that's when I will be able to talk to you. - Shin Hye's thoughts.

"Mianhamnida Manager-nim. It won't happen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter