Chapter 19

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho who did not like being challenged by Shin Hye and the fact that he did not manage to catch up with Shin Hye earlier made him stayed up throughout the night. 

An hour more to go~ I can do it! Hwaiting Min Ho! I am going to make Shin Hye eat up her words. *evil snicker* - Min Ho's thoughts. 

It was fifteen minutes before 7 and Min Ho got himself ready without even thinking of washing himself. Shin Hye got ready in her room as she put on a long sleeve t-shirt on and a pair of shorts. She placed a towel around her neck before heading out of the room. As she stepped out, she saw Min Ho sitting at the living room area with his arms crossed and eyes closed.

She tiptoed to head out so as not to wake Min Ho up;

"Ya~ Where do you think you are going?" said Min Ho who shocked Shin Hye with his low tone voice. 

"Out of course."

"I won the challenge... And you are pretending as if nothing happened?"

"Who says I'm pretending.. I just wanted you to rest more."

"Aigoo~~ What a lam excuse..."

Shin Hye did not reply him and head out. Min Ho stood up from the couch and followed Shin Hye.

"Where are we going?" Min Ho asked Shin Hye who was in front of him about three steps away.

"Just follow me okay?"

"Huh? Just follow? Don't I have some liberty to know?"

"You can have your liberty you know by choosing not to follow if you don't want to... Do you know that?..."

Min Ho who was flustered by Shin Hye's statement replied, "I just wanted to thank your Ahboenim for allowing me to stay..."

Before Min Ho even knew it, they have already reached where Shin Hye had intended to go in the first place. 

"Ahboenim~~~~!!"

"Shin Hye ya~~ Orh? Who did you bring along? Is he the one that you told your Ommoni about?"

"Yes... He is..."

"Ah... What is he doing here?"

"He wanted to thank you..."

"Neh... I want to thank you for allowing me to stay..." Min Ho chimed in.

"No problem... It's fine..."

"I insist... Maybe I can give you a treat to a good meal?" Min Ho suggested.

"More than a treat, I rather you help me with the field works.. That would be better..."

Min Ho had a a face full of worries and Shin Hye was quick to catch on it.

"Huh? Wae? You can't?" Shin Hye .

"But I've never worked on a farm before..."

"As expected..." Shin Hye shook her head and was being spiteful towards Min Ho.

"Ya~ I told you... Don't challenge me..." said Min Ho before he turned to face Shin Hye's Ahboenim, "Ahjusshi~ I'll help..."

Hahahaha... You are so easy to trick~ How cute...  -  Shin Hye's thoughts before she continued with her teasing of Min Ho. 

"Just don't ask Ahboenim to pay for the work you've done later ok?"

Min Ho rolled his eyes at Shin Hye before he asked the Ahjusshi what he could be of help with.

That morning, Min Ho was put to task to harvest some of the root vegetables that was in season. Donning a pair of gloves, he got down and dirty trying to dig up for sweet potatoes and potatoes too. Shin Hye looked at him with a smile on her face as she saw Min Ho trying his best to do a job like that. 

Aigoo~~ How can you look so handsome and sweet even when you are clumsily trying to dig up for vegetables... - Shin Hye's thoughts.

Shin Hye walked over to Min Ho and squat down beside him.

"Ya~~ Min Ho-sshi... I think at the rate you are going, I don't think you'll be able to dig up the potatoes even if you have the whole day to yourself. There's still more to do you know. And why are you using your hands? There's some gardening tools that can be used to help ease the workload..."

"What use of a tool if I don't even know how to use it?"

"Hahahahaha....." Shin Hye burst out laughing with Min Ho pouting as he looked at her. 

Shin Hye who just realised that she was the only one laughing heartily stopped when she saw Min Ho's face.

"I'm sorry Min Ho-sshi.."

"You are mean..."

"I am sorry okay? Really..."

"Apology accepted."

Shin Hye then demonstrated to Min Ho on using the tools approriately before she pass it over to him to try. He did not succeed right away but he managed to get it right after multiple tries. Due to his multiple tries, Shin Hye cannot help herself but to again;

"Min Ho-sshi... How are we suppose to do barter trade with the neighbours with all these severely mutilated sweet potatoes?"

"Huh? Is this not good enough?"

"Nope..."

Min Ho's smiling lips turned downwards, "I'm sorry.."

Shin Hye who felt guilty, "Min Ho-sshi... It's okay... It only mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter