Chapter 21

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Ho stepped out of the Manager's room and walked towards his room. As he stood in front of the bedroom room door, he looked towards the opposite direction. He was deliberating should he go over and asked Shin Hye to explain to him her reasons for helping him. But as he recalled Manager Kim's words, he decided not to ask.. But since he was already standing in front of Shin Hye's room, he wanted to know if she was alright, he knocked on the door but there was response. Out of curiosity, he peeked in to look but Shin Hye was not around. He entered the room and looked around. He saw a stacked of notes and a notebook on the table. As he approached it, 

"Min Ho ya~~~ Where are you?" The Ahjummonie called for him and interrupted what he had intended to do.

"Neh~~ I'm here..." Min Ho replied as he stepped out of Shin Hye's room quickly without the Ahjumonnie knowing.

"Min Ho ya... What are you doing standing over there?"

"Oh~ I just needed to know if Shin Hye is in her room... She's suppose to help me with something.."

"Oh~~~ Shin Hye is in the kitchen... She's preparing the food for you... But since we got the raw ingredients late today, I've prepared some snacks first for you and Manager Kim to eat..."

"Oh.. Komawo Ommoni... But Manager Kim is still in his room."

"Don't worry... Let him rest more if he wants.. There's plenty of it to go around.. You go ahead first... I'll inform him about it."

"Neh... Kamsahamnida Ommoni..."

The Ahjumma went to Manager Kim's room to inform him that there's snacks prepared for him and Manager Kim woke up straight away since it was an elder that had come to wake him up, while Min Ho walked over to where the Ahjusshi was sitting on the verandah wooden floor, with a small round table placed beside him. 

"Ah.. Min Ho ya... Come over here... Have some tea... and snacks..."

Min Ho walked towards the table and saw the snacks prepared. It was vegetable fritters and some kimchi pancake.

He sat down and said his thanks,

"Kamasahamnida Ahjusshi..."

"Aigoo... Ahboenim... Not Ahjusshi... How can you call me Ahjusshi when you already call me wife Ommoni... Not fair right?" The Ahjusshi .

"Neh.. Ahboenim.." Min Ho smiled as the Ahjusshi poured a cup of tea for him. 

"Try it.. It's really delicious..."

"Is this what Shin Hye had prepared?"

"Ani.. This is my wife's... But I tell you a secret.. Lately.. Shin Hye's cooking is much better... Before.. Shin Hye could not even prepare a decent meal. It's either too salty, too sweet, too spicy..."

"She's very extreme uh?"

"Neh.. You can say so.. Hahaha.. But after she worked at our restaurant back when we had one in Seoul, she got better immediately that she was even helping out to cook sometimes..."

"But Ahboenim... Isn't she an actress? Why was she working at the restaurant?"

"Things did not go well for her as an actress.. So she worked at our restaurant. Learning everything. Since then we treated her like our own daughter since we don't have children of our own... Until the day she was offered the role... The drama role that she acted with you.."

"Yes... The drama role that you recommended her for and that's when she stopped working at the restaurant." said the Ahjumma who had just joined in along with Manager Kim.

So I really did recommend her to act in the drama... - Min Ho's thoughts. 

They chatted for awhile and was sharing about life in the countryside and how Shin Hye had asked for her 'parents' to retire when she began making money.

She seems to be a really nice girl... Very kind to her parents who are not even her own parents. So like Manager Kim said... That I followed her around on set.. Hmmm did I really like her? It's definitely possible.. Hmmm.. With the way she looked this morning when the sunlight hits her face... There's a possibility that I did like her... And plus... With the way she look in the bathroom... Oh Sh*t Min Ho... Stop it! Stop it! Not when you are in front of the elders. Dang it! - Min Ho's thoughts.

"Min Ho ya~~ Are you alright?" The Ahjumma called for him as he snapped out of his thoughts that almost ran like wild horses on a grassy field.

"Neh.. Ommoni... I'm okay.. Just a little tired.."

"Hahaha. I guess so... You should have seen how he tried to catch the chickens just now..." The Ahjusshi told his wife.

"Mwo?! Isn't that Shin Hye's job?"

"He wanted to try.. so we let him..."

"Aigoo~~ Kyeopta... Talking about chicken I almost forgot that I was boiling water to start cooking..." The Ahjumma said as she stood up to go towards the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Shin Hye was preparing to cook. She was peeling and cutting the sweet potatoes and other ingredients as well. Her Ommoni who had just entered the kitchen asked,

"Shin Hye... How's the dishes? You thought of what you wanted to cook already?"

"Yup..." Shin Hye replied as she looked at her Ommoni.

"Aigoo~ Shin Hye did you cry?" 

"Ani.. Ommoni... I'm ok.. It's the onions."

Her Ommoni who did not want to probe further as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter