Chapter 33

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Meanwhile in the Countryside...

Min Ho was in his room resting after helping out the villagers and the chores at home. When he had gotten his rest, he got himself ready to go to his workshop. When he saw the Ahjumma and the Ahjusshi sitting at the verandah with a couple of gift boxes. Min Ho approached the both of them;

"Ommoni.. Ahboenim..."

"Orh... Min Ho ya... Come here.."

"Neh?" Min Ho replied as he approached the both of them. As soon as he stood in front of them,

"Did someone delivered it here?"

"Neh...  There was a delivery earlier..."

"Who is it from?"

"We have no idea... But there's a card here.... "

"Any name written on the card?"

"Hmmmm... Nope...  I'm not sure.... Can you help us to read it? I don't have my spectacles with me." The Ahjumma said as she passed him the card.

Min Ho flipped the card and saw the written note. He read briefly before informing the Ahjumma and the Ahjusshi that he will be keeping the card for now.

"Min Ho ya~ Is it from Shin Hye?" The Ahjumma asked to clarify the identity of the sender.

"Ani... It's not... But the gift is indeed for the both of you..."

Before the Ahjumma could ask him further, Min Ho excused himself.

"Ommoni.. I'll get going first."

"Neh..."

"And go ahead with dinner Ommoni... Don't wait for me because I won't be back for dinner...."

"Arasso..."

He walked towards his workshop with lots of things going on in his mind. When he entered the workshop, he wanted to continue on his project but the words on the card lingered on his mind and it got him frustrated till he could not carry out any of his intended tasks for the rest of the day. 

Was this the reason she called crying the other night? - Min Ho's thoughts as he takes a look at the card again. 

 

The message on the card reads;

Dear Ommoni and Ahboenim,

My name is Siwon and I am Shin Hye's boyfriend. I'm sorry that I am unable to deliver these gifts to you personally. I hope to be able to meet the both of you soon.

Till then be healthy and happy.

Siwon

 

Could this Siwon guy be the shareholder she mentioned to me from that day? Is he the one that's causing Shin Hye to be quiet for the past few days? When did they get to know each other? Did they meet during the year that I am not able to remember? - Min Ho's thoughts.

He was getting more frustrated with himself at his unability to remember and recall. He even ended up drinking on his own. Though he trust Shin Hye, he just could not trust the man. He wanted to call Shin Hye immediately but he figured that it would be best for him to calm himself down first to prevent from making a grave mistake that he will only come to regret later. So Min Ho ended up sitting down on the sandy beach alone deep in his own thoughts.

........

The next day...

Min Ho made his way to a car dealer. He had been saving for the past three years diligently to get a car of his own so he could visit Shin Hye instead of having her to be the only one travelling to and fro. As getting on a public transport would be too dangerous for him and the fact that he rejected Shin Hye's offer to get him a car, he has been putting aside money to get a car. And after receiving such a card, he wanted to spend more time with her since he was afraid that she is having a difficult time trying to handle it all on her own and also to tame his jealous and frustrated heart. He went to the urbanized area of the countryside where the car showroom was to make his purchase. As there were documents to be prepared and signed to purchase a car, it took him longer than expected since he could only set off at noon after he managed to finish his daily job and responsibilities. When everything was done by late afternoon, he drove home in his car after filling up the tank. Making a purchase in the countryside was easy as no one recognized him as Lee Min Ho the star but Min Ho the boy who helped everyone in the village where he was from. 

As soon as he reached home, his new ride surprises the elderly couple.

"Orh? Min Ho ya... What is this?"

"A car.. I just bought earlier."

"For?"

"So I can use it to visit Shin Hye in Seoul... "

"Aigoo~~ Okay okay.."

Min Ho went into his room and packed some change of clothes before heading out. He told the elders that he would be going to Seoul to meet Shin Hye and seek their cooperation not to inform her about it as he wanted to surprise her. When he finally reached Seoul, he stopped by a convenience store to buy some ramyun. He grew out his stubbles and had a mask meant for people who are down with a cold and had a cap on to disguise himself. As he waited for the instant cup ramyun to be cooked, he stood by the magazine and newspapers section. Splashed all over the news and magazines were photos of Shin Hye and Siwon's family exiting the restaurant together and smiling with headlines stating that Shin Hye and Siwon are a couple and Shin Hye is already meeting his parents to indicate that the relationship is serious. 

Min Ho was taken aback by what he was looking at. Without even taking his ramyun that he bought earlier, he left the convenience store and drove straight to her house. Everything in his mind was in a mess. When he finally managed to get to her house, he could not believe his eyes. Siwon, the man that he just saw on the magazine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter