Chapter 32

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye requested for Manager Kim to inform the staff to distribute the food stating that it came from the generous fans of hers as it would be a waste to throw it away and she did not want to raise an alarm as it will only cause problems. She needed some time to herself to think of the actions that she should take. When it was time for her to resume her fliming, she was facing difficulty to get into character because she was distracted by the issue that she was facing and Manager Kim knew very well about it. For the first time in a long time, she had to retake a scene multiple times. After much effort of immersing herself into the role, she managed to complete the filming safely. It was already the wee hours of morning as Manager Kim drove them back to their apartment.

On the way home;

"Shin Hye ya~~ I've  never seen you like this before... It is even affecting your work..."

Shin Hye heaved out a heavy sigh before she continued;

"I know Kim Oppa~~ But.. I think I have no choice but to give this 'fly' a call.. My head is in a mess... In times like this I really wish Min Ho Oppa recalls his memory... So we don't have to hide.. And being played around like this.. There's too much at stake.. Not only the lives of Min Ho Oppa and myself... But you too Oppa.. And the other artistes signed under the agency.. Too many lives to sacrifice for Min Ho Oppa and myself... And I'm sure Min Ho Oppa wouldn't like it too... Gosh~~ It's driving me crazy..."

"I wish I could provide you with solutions... At first I thought you should just leave the industry completely... And runaway with Min Ho but then when you start talking about the other staffs employed under the agency and the rookies and the hopefuls... I don't think it's a good solution at all... Rest for awhile Shin Hye... I'll wake you up when we reached home okay?"

"Komawo Kim Oppa..." said Shin Hye as she put her headphones on and closed her eyes.

Manger Kim who looked at Shin Hye as he shook his head because he was saddened by the situation that his two dongsaeng were facing.

 

When they finally reached home, Manager Kim woke Shin Hye up.

"Shin Hye ah~~ Wake up... We're home..." with Manager Kim tapping on her shoulder. 

Shin Hye stretched a little as she opened her eyes and stepped out of the car.

"Go and rest Shin Hye... Don't think too much about it... Sleep it off..."

"Komawo Kim Oppa...."

She made her way up to her apartment by stairs and dropped her bag on her bed. She misses Min Ho a lot as it became too much for her to bear. She dragged herself to the bathroom to wash herself up. By the time she was done, she looked at the clock and it was 4.30 in the morning. She had a strong urge to call Min Ho just to hear his voice. She was hesitant to call because she did not want to disturb his sleep. But the longer the wait, the more she misses him that she went ahead to dial Min Ho's number.

*RRRiiinnnnggggg!!!*

*RRRiiinnnnngggg!!!*

*RRRiiinnnnngggg!!!*

Just when Shin Hye was about to hang up, Min Ho answered his mobile phone.

"Hello? Shin Hye?" Min Ho answered with a voice so obvious that he was asleep just seconds earlier. 

"Hello Min Ho Oppa~~ Mianhae..."

"It's okay dear.. What's wrong?" Min Ho asked her instinctively. 

"Nothing.. I just miss you that's all...."

"I miss you too love.. But you need to get some rest.."

Shin Hye went silent. 

"Shin Hye ya.. It's okay if you are not able to tell me or talk about it now... But don't hang up yet alright... Give me sec."

Min Ho got his music player ready before he spoke again;

"Shin Hye my dear.. Listen to the song alright.. I hope it makes you feel better..."

"Neh..."

Min Ho then played the song for her to listen to.

As the music player was playing the song for her, Shin Hye began to shed tears. She tried hard to silent her sobs as she did not want Min Ho to hear her. When the song finally ended,

"You need to rest dear.. You are already forgetting to take care of yourself..." said Min Ho who was concerned about her.

"Komawo Oppa... For the time, for the song..." Shin Hye replied suppressing her tears.

"Don't need to thank me for that.. It's my sincere feelings for you.. I'm sorry I am not able to help much... And I am not even there to wipe your tears away..." said Min Ho who was able to read that Shin Hye was going through a tough time but he felt helpless himself.

"It's okay Oppa... I'm just glad to know that you're here with me even though there's a distance between us..."

"Min Ho Oppa... I'll take my rest now.. Since I've promised you to take care of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter