Chapter 35

Veiled Exploitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in Seoul...

"Shin Hye ah... Are you alright?" Manager Kim asked her.

"Neh Kim Oppa.. I am alright..."

"You don't seem alright at all Shin Hye... Ever since you met Min Ho..."

"We are no longer together.. We broke up..."

"Mwo?! What did you say?"

"We ended it..."

"Huh?! After all these years?"

"Neh... He said he was finally tired of the long distance relationship.."

"That bastard must be out of his mind! Does he know what you did just for him?!"

"Kim Oppa.. No... Don't..."

"But you are even thinking of marrying Siwon because of him..!"

"I am marrying him indeed..."

"Mwo?! You must be kidding me!"

"I did my part to help him... I fell in love with him.. It's my fault... Even though I know he don't remember me... I still fell for him... I only have myself to blame..."

"Aish~~ Shin Hye ya... How is it your fault...? Why is this happening to the both of you? The two of you love each other so much... How can this be?"

"Kim Oppa... I met with Siwon.. without informing him.. So... It is my fault... "

"How petty can that bastard be?! Did you tell Min Ho that you were rejecting Siwon that's why you had to meet up with him for that dinner?"

"I did.."

"Then?"

"He said if I had tried hard enough... It wouldn't have been like this..."

"He better not let me see his face... I will really punch him.."

"Kim Oppa.. Calm down... Don't worry alright..."

"How can I be? You are getting married..."

"To a nice guy... He was nice enough to not let Min Ho's story out... It's only Yang Sajangnim..." said Shin Hye who was trying hard to keep herself together.

"When is the marriage Shin Hye...?"

"Less than two months?"

"Huh?! Why so fast? Are you crazy?"

"Yang Sajangnim won't let Min Ho Oppa off... The faster it happens the better... We agreed just this morning to this arrangement between myself and Yang Sajangnim. Even if Siwon-sshi doesn't reveal... There's always Yang Sajangnim and his mouth..."

"Oh my goodness Shin Hye..." Manager Kim was rendered speechless.

End of Flashback

 

Shin Hye was observing Min Ho's face. The very room that she recognized had her recent photos on the wall too. 

This must have been the exact scene four years ago if I had known that he was hiding himself because of me... - Shin Hye's thoughts as tears started to form in her already moist eyes. 

"Min Ho Oppa~" she called him out.

Shin Hye's tears fell on Min Ho's cheeks as he slowly opened his eyes and was surprised to see Shin Hye right in front of his eyes.

"What are you doing here? You are not supposed to be here... Isn't it your wedding today?" said Min Ho as he sat up to face Shin Hye directly.

Shin Hye ignored his question and replied, "Why did you lie Min Ho Oppa~?"

"Huh?!"

"You lied. You recalled everything isn't it?" Shin Hye spoke with tears welling up in her eyes. 

"Please don't cry Shin Hye..."

"Why are you doing this again Oppa? Why do you want to carry all the burden on your own again..? You let me go yet again..."

"But you are not supposed to know..."

"I almost did not know... I almost married someone else thinking that you really have moved on... How could you Oppa~ The day you left in that cab on our last date.... was the same... Exactly the same... as it was back then, four years ago...

The only difference was the fact that you had your own car then... How can I be so stupid that I was not able to tell.. The fact that you even asked to eat at the restaurant where we ate for the after party.... Oh my goodness! How could I not noticed that! I am so stupid.... It was too similar to the day you sent me away that night after the dinner with the staffs and crew!" said Shin Hye as she hit her own head out of frustration until Min Ho stopped her.

"Please Shin Hye.. Don't hit yourself anymore.. It's not your fault at all... I just wanted to have a pleasant date with you before I have to let you go..."

"The same way like you did the last time? When you said your goodbyes to me? But why? Why did you have to let me go?"

"I can't be a hindrance to your career... I don't want you to ruin your career because of me... I remembered clearly every single thing that happened to you... The time when you were scolded by your manager... During that photoshoot. I saw you struggled... How can I let you destroy it now after witnessing all that? And ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter