Chapter 5

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 5}

"Kris~ My handsome grandson~ You are finally home~" "Grandma!" Kris said and rushed into his grandmother's arms. "How was work?" His grandmother asked and Kris rubbed his neck. "It was tiring but I can handle it." Kris said. "So the proposal for the up coming presentation to the client... Are you done wth it?" "Yes, grandma. I've finished it..." Kris said and he helped his grandmother to the living room.

"It's already so late, why are you not sleeping yet?" Kris asked his grandmother gently and she chuckled. "How can I sleep when my darling grandson is not home yet?" She said and Kris hugged her. "Sorry grandma, I'll try to be home early next time." Kris said, with a gentle tone. Suddenly, his grandmother said, "You know what happened today? My good friend's son is getting married soon..."

Kris groaned as he knew where his grandmother was driving at. "She asked me when are you getting married. Grandson, when are you going to introduce me to your girlfriend? Do you even have one?" His grandmother asked and Kris laughed. "I want to focus on my career first..." "Nonsense! You can have a family then work on your career. You are already 28, why are you still single?"

"You know that our family has only one male descendant for so many generations. I want to be able to carry my great grandchild before I pass. " Kris grandmother said and Kris groaned. "I've heard this story all my life." Kris complained and that earned him a slap at the back of his head.

"Grandma~" Kris whined and his grandmother looked at him with a weird look in her eyes. "You are not gay right?" She asked and Kris looked at his grandmother in horror. "Grandma!" He exclaimed and his grandmother laughed. "I'm just kidding!" She said and Kris said, "I'll marry before I turn 30 okay?" His grandmother smiled and patted his head.

"Now go to bed!" Kris ordered his grandmother and she chuckled. "Okay," she said and yawned. "I'll go to bed now, sleep early too okay?" Kris' grandmother said and Kris nodded, before waving his hand at her, shooing her away. "Go, go! Go to sleep~ Good night grandma~" Kris bidded and watched as his grandmother entered her room.

"Urgh..." Kris grunted and pinched his nose b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter