Chapter 19

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 19}

Congratulations Mrs Kim! You are 4 weeks pregnant! Yixing's words echoed in Eun Kyung's head as she rubbed her temples. "What?" Eun Kyung muttered. "I can't be pregnant." "Of course you can! You are a healthy woman." Yixing said. "No I mean, I... I'm not ready..." Eun Kyung said and Yixing chuckled, "Mr Kim will be there to help you." "I..." She said and Yixing said, "I need to inform you on how to take care of yourself, now that you are pregnant."

The whole time Yixing was explaining to Eun Kyung on how to take better care of herself, she was worried. All she caught was "eat more" "sleep more". She knew she should be happy that she was pregnant but when realization hit her, she just couldn't feel smile. The last time she was intimate with her husband was a week ago, so how could she be pregnant for a month?

Kris. His name popped up in Eun Kyung's head. Yixing realised that she had zoned out while he was talking and he stopped. Instead, he got a little booklet from one of his drawers and gave it to her. "I think you have to rest. You look tired." Yixing said and Eun Kyung nodded. He then handed her the booklet and said, "This booklet will tell you how to eat properly. Just follow what they say and you should be alright."

Eun Kyung thanked Yixing and got out of his consultation room. After paying, she went to her Kyln and began working. She needed to get this pregnancy off her mind. After three hours, there was a knock on her office door. "Mrs Kim? Do you want to go for lunch?" Cho Hee's head popped out from behind the door. "Lunch?" Eun Kyung mumbled as she looked at her watch.

"I'm alright. Go ahead." Eun Kyung told Cho Hee and her friend was about to close the door on her when she remembered Yixing's words. "Wait for me!" She yelled and Cho Hee pushed the door open again. "Let's go." Eun Kyung said. She grabbed her purse and followed Cho Hee to the nearest restaurant to Kyln.

***

"Are you eating garlic?" Cho Hee pointed out. Eun Kyung looked at her spoon and didn't realise she was eating her worst enemy, garlic. "I thought you hated garlic?" She asked and Eun Kyung laughed sheepishly. "Well I guess I like them now..." she said. Cho Hee raised her eyebrow as she looked at her friend eat. This is not Eun Kyung. This woman detests garlic like she was a vampire. And there she is in front of her, eating garlic.

***

After lunch, the pair of best friends returned to the office building and Eun Kyung left Cho Hee to go to the VVIP venue. She wanted to be very sure about the decor and everything. She wants everything to be perfect because she is that of a perfectionist. Eun Kyung pushed open the doors and stepped in. She sighed in satisfaction when she saw everything in place. The intern had returned that delicate box of Hilcoa's beauty products.

Eun Kyung walked over to the box and used

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter