Chapter 24

My Silver Lining
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{CHAPTER 24}

Jaejoong reached the hotel Eun Kyung said she was staying at. He went up to her floor and rang the doorbell, a tired-looking Eun Kyung opened the door. She had been working on the last few details for the VVIP project to make the event a fully successfully one. "Oh my gosh. Dear, are you alright?" Jaejoong asked worriedly and held onto Eun Kyung. She pushed him away lightly and waved her hand at him.

"I'm fine." Eun Kyung said and staggered towards the sofa. "I'm really sorry." Jaejoong said as he knelt down in front of Eun Kyung, his hands on her laps. "I promise. This time, I'll really break up with Hyun Ae, and take on the role as your husband, as the father to our child." Jaejoong said as he reached for her hands. Eun Kyung flinched at his touch.

Our child...

There isn't our child... There is only my child.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can trust you again." Eun Kyung said. Jaejoong looked at her, bewildered. "What?" He said and Eun Kyung shook her head. "I can go home with you, live with you, cook for you but I need time." Eun Kyung held her hand with her hands. Jaejoong sighed in recognition. "I understand... I won't force you." Jaejoong said.

"But we need to go home, the event is happening tomorrow. Mr Hwang invited me and another guy to the event as guests and the media would bombard our place tomorrow... So-"

"Don't explain anymore, I understand." Eun Kyung said and Jaejoong smiled.

"Let's go."

***

The next day, Eun Kyung made her way downstairs to her kitchen. A sweet smelling fragrance came swimming in her room early in the morning and it woke her up. "Hey good morning princess." Jaejoong greeted happily when he saw Eun Kyung entered the kitchen. "Good morning." She greeted back and Jaejoong slide the bacon and eggs onto her plate.

"Eat up and go get changed. We'll be leaving in another hour." Jaejoong informed and Eun Kyung nodded blankly. Eun Kyung finished up her breakfast and went upstairs to change. She changed into a formal yet casual black dress and looked at herself in the mirror, checking her outfit one last time. She grabbed the files and bag from her side table and left the room.

  

"Are you done?" Eun Kyung sat down on the sofa as she waited for Jaejoong to finish getting ready. He was adjusting his cufflinks as he came down the stairs. "I'm done. Let's go." Jaejoong said and Eun Kyung stood up. He looked up as Eun Kyung walked past him and Jaejoong grabbed hold of her arm. "What do you want?" She asked, fumbling with her files. "You look beautiful." Jaejoong complimented and she froze.

"Uh, thanks." She said and went towards the single sofa next to the shoe rack. She had her heels on her hands and she sat down to wear them. "Wait, Eun. Are you sure you want to wear heels?" Jaejoong then looked at Eun Kyung with a look on his face. "Why can't I wear heels?" She countered as she strapped her shoes down. "You're pregnant, remember?" He reminded and she said, "I'll be fine. Don't worry."

***

"Welcome to VVIP event." One of the ushers greeted the Kim couple and Eun Kyung nodded. "I'm the planner for this event," Eun Kyung informed and the usher nodded. "Mr Hwang is behind the stage." The usher informed and Eun Kyung walked away.

Jaejoong wanted to follow her but a business partner saw him and wanted to talk to him. She went to where Mr Hwang was and interacted with him. His partners congratulated them for the successful event and Eun Kyung nodded in reply, thanking them.

Suddenly, someone hit a champagne glass with a fork, the high pitched sound rang throughout the entire hall, catching everyone’s attention. “Hello everyone! Welcome to the Hilcoa product launch! This amazing place is designed and put to place by the wife of Mr Kim Jaejoong of Klyn!”

Everyone looked at w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter